Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

And since almost every move JB makes isn’t telegraphed or leaked before it’s actually done.... I’m in the “believe it (rumors) when I see it’s actually done”, boat. 

Any rumor involving a bottom 6 winger cheap from somewhere else looking for a fresh start, I'm believing that

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

And since almost every move JB makes isn’t telegraphed or leaked before it’s actually done.... I’m in the “believe it (rumors) when I see it’s actually done”, boat. 

I'm not actually sure that's true. Scandella and Skinner came out of nowhere, but Johansson, Frolik, Vesey, Sheary, Kane, Hutton, O'Reilly....that stuff was all out there in advance. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I friend in Chicago told me that Crawford could get traded to Buffalo for “a defenseman”.  

This would be a waste of an asset.  

12 minutes ago, tom webster said:

So, two teams going nowhere are going to swap assets on the final year of crazy contracts that neither can afford.

I would trade Bogo and Hutton for Crawford in a heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm not actually sure that's true. Scandella and Skinner came out of nowhere, but Johansson, Frolik, Vesey, Sheary, Kane, Hutton, O'Reilly....that stuff was all out there in advance. 

I’m pretty sure Skinner was always talked about as well because it was an open secret that he only would approve Toronto, Pittsburgh or Buffalo and the other two couldn’t afford him. The timing came out of nowhere..., and 

15 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is actually the time for JBOT to put up or shut up. He needs to find the next Briere. A player that the other team has soured on while also part of the playoff push. Screw draft picks, find that prospect that can be 2C or 1G or both.

That would be an unusually skilled and versatile prospect!

• Haha (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It smells more like we are up against the cap and need to wait for others to make moves.

This seems to be JBOT’s new excuse even though he is largely responsible for it.

Also, as per usual fans sometimes don’t put things in proper perspective. Half the league has $1M or less in cap space. This is not a Buffalo Sabre problem. You need to be creative, think outside the box and be proactive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

This seems to be JBOT’s new excuse even though he is largely responsible for it.

Also, as per usual fans sometimes don’t put things in proper perspective. Half the league has $1M or less in cap space. This is not a Buffalo Sabre problem. You need to be creative, think outside the box and be proactive.

Who ,Tom, do you really think we have to trade that we can afford to trade worth any real improvement coming back. Botterill's fault of not.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not surprising at all. An organization that shows consistent compete year after year for the length of time the Bruins have are what allows assets to become increased in value to move. Toffoli would look real good in Boston. 

It's the difference between winning organizations and losing ones. Creating the Culture of Success. Imho.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, tom webster said:

So, two teams going nowhere are going to swap assets on the final year of crazy contracts that neither can afford.

Who said the assert Buffalo would be sending meets that description? Only one player is mentioned, the Sabres would be sending 'a defencemen' which could be one of the vets or one of the prospects......

Crawford may be an upgrade.....

11 hours ago, tom webster said:

This is actually the time for JBOT to put up or shut up. He needs to find the next Briere. A player that the other team has soured on while also part of the playoff push. Screw draft picks, find that prospect that can be 2C or 1G or both.

I wanted to see them make a move with the Islanders to get Ho-Sang for a late round pick. The kid has talent but needs a change of scenery. My only worry would be if the lockeroom was strong enough to bring in a player that may need strong leadership to help him become a pro. The Islanders have soured on him and he just needs to be moved, could be a buy low candidate who finally puts it all together when give a new chance somewhere else

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.