Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just perusing the San Jose Sharks capfriendly page. Man are they handcuffed with defensemen contracts. I don't even think Seattle would touch thse Burns or Vlasic contracts, yikes.

But, I was looking at their roster age, I would love a deal for Hertl. I don't think they'd part with Meier's given his young age, but Hertl is a trade target that really interests me anyways. Even if he's not available, I'd would be supportive of Botterill making the effort with draft picks and maybe a prospect type package.

Dreaming Thoughts, by Scotty's Sabres Raising the Cup Dream ?

58 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Smith is worth so much more than Bogo lol. So much more

Whatever we do I hope it’s soon though. 

Maybe. But the past year has not been kind to his play, and in a league where the "what have you done for me lately" mantra sets the price, I can't see him being worth more than a late 1st stand alone.

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

The thread title should be changed to '2019-2020 BS and very little that has to do with actual trades thread'.  

I find it amusing that when trades actually do happen, some posters make a separate thread about the trade instead of posting it here, where it should be. IMO every “semi significant” (non Sabres) trade doesn’t need It’s own thread. Just post It in here and we can discuss it, in the trade thread. Oh well... 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I find it amusing that when trades actually do happen, some posters make a separate thread about the trade instead of posting it here, where it should be. IMO every “semi significant” (non Sabres) trade doesn’t need It’s own thread. Just post It in here and we can discuss it, in the trade thread. Oh well... 

It's been argued for a long time, but it's been pretty much determined separate threads are best for everyone involved. More visibility for the casual user, more confined discussion on the actual topic, etc.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's been argued for a long time, but it's been pretty much determined separate threads are best for everyone involved. More visibility for the casual user, more confined discussion on the actual topic, etc.

Oh I get it... it’s just my thoughts on the issue. No big deal. 

2 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

Many trades are discussed between teams and never actually pan out. Would you rather not know?

I don't actually think any of that information is true. It's made up fanboi *****.  Which gets back to the heart of the issue with this thread. Most if not all of the posts in here are just people making things up. If I want that, I'll go watch the Mandalorian.  

Edited by inkman

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't actually think any of that information is true. It's made up fanboi *****.  Which gets back to the heart of the issue with this thread. Most if not all of the posts in here are just people making things up. If I want that, I'll go watch the Mandalorian.  

You can think what you want, but you're incorrect. Unless you're friends with every GM in the league,  I can't see how you'd be so sure...

59 minutes ago, Curt said:

This thread is for trade RUMORS and SPECULATION.

Rumors are often not true or don’t come to pass.’

Speculation is literally just made up stuff.

With this in mind, the content of this thread should not surprise. 

So as I said before it's the 2019-2020 BS and very little to do with trades thread.  Just people making stuff up.  It would be cool if we had actual inside knowledge but instead we get Derek Roy for Malkin e5 type posts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

You can think what you want, but you're incorrect. Unless you're friends with every GM in the league,  I can't see how you'd be so sure...

Since there may be an actual bona fide trade rumor (I know what exactly is that?) every 50 pages, lets rename the thread "99.5% Speculation with a trade rumor sprinkled in every month or so"  Just useless meaningless verbal JO.  If thats what the people want, who am I to argue.  Seems a little pointless but here we are on page 213.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So as I said before it's the 2019-2020 BS and very little to do with trades thread.  Just people making stuff up.  It would be cool if we had actual inside knowledge but instead we get Derek Roy for Malkin e5 type posts.  

We had Frolik to Buffalo over an hour before it happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.