Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Derrico said:

They didn’t though.  I also thought mitts was the 2c answer so I’m not about to anoint cousins yet.

Fair enough... just see a little more moxy and attitude in Cozens than Mitts.  Mitts has the skill imo, just not the tude…  if he finds it and not sure he will... then great Sabres will have two up and comers... they still need to draft more guys that can carry the puck and play with strength and trade for some as well.  No more passive BD

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

Risto is playing better. Would you move him knowing his trade value has gone up.  Vegas needs RD as there only true RD is Engelland. 

Alex Tuch is playing on the third line because Vegas is deep up front.  

I'm thinking a package deal of Risto and Vesey for Tuck and Eakin.

Yes!

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I mean at 15 G  & 40 pts per season with no grit at all.  He's like Reinhart lite only he's getting worse not better every year.  

You’re literally describing a player that is better than every winger we have except 23, 53, and 68. 

It’s fine. We traded a pending UFA who needs a change of scenery for a pending UFA who needs a change of scenery — but this time at a position we could use some help at. I wish we’d made this trade in July, but whatever. Ultimately we’re still waiting for GMJB to make a bold move that dramatically changes the team and sets us up for long-term success. 

40 minutes ago, Robviously said:

You’re literally describing a player that is better than every winger we have except 23, 53, and 68. 

It’s fine. We traded a pending UFA who needs a change of scenery for a pending UFA who needs a change of scenery — but this time at a position we could use some help at. I wish we’d made this trade in July, but whatever. Ultimately we’re still waiting for GMJB to make a bold move that dramatically changes the team and sets us up for long-term success. 

Yeah. It sounded like I hated the move. More like disappointed.  It's a step but we need more.  

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Why on earth were we not in on Kovalchuk? maybe we were but Montreal offered him a better "deal" ? 

He would be a perfect fit for Eichle when Olofsson is gone. 

Kovalchuk seems like he is very particular about which teams/cities he is willing to go to.  I doubt Buffalo had much draw for him.

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

beeing 36 and been all over us i dont believe that would matter much, he went to montreal to be fair, not like that is a superb city. 

What?  Montreal is an awesome city!  Fantastic culture, history and nightlife.  People say it’s the most European feeling city in North America.

And the team itself is among the leagues most iconic as well as in the playoff hunt.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

What?  Montreal is an awesome city!  Fantastic culture, history and nightlife.  People say it’s the most European feeling city in North America.

And the team itself is among the leagues most iconic as well as in the playoff hunt.

Yeah I don’t know what he’s talking about. Montreal is a top five city in North America. 

On 1/3/2020 at 6:31 PM, MODO Hockey said:

beeing 36 and been all over us i dont believe that would matter much, he went to montreal to be fair, not like that is a superb city. 

Montreal is highly regarded as a top place to play hockey. I'm still trying to put together a trip just to see a hockey game there.

That said, Kovalchuk is NOT a player I'd want in Buffalo. I think he'd be a bad locker room fit and questionable to what he'd bring on the ice.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Montreal is highly regarded as a top place to play hockey. I'm still trying to put together a trip just to see a hockey game there.

That said, Kovalchuk is NOT a player I'd want in Buffalo. I think he'd be a bad locker room fit and questionable to what he'd bring on the ice.

Gotta stay at Hotel Bonaventure 2 Blocks from Bell Center... outdoor pool on roof they keep at 90 degrees in the winter... Great location.. https://hotelbonaventure.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqPOe8Zrt5gIVxIVaBR1JlwabEAAYASAAEgIVA_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/31/2019 at 6:45 PM, inkman said:

Imma test the water for the market for outta shape, bald, graying tattooed dads.  Maybe horny old ladies will scroll through wishfully on a Saturday morning drinking their coffee.  Here's my first pic.  

11950377_10156601824575024_5608356004047124123_o.jpg

I've never wanted to be a mermaid more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.