Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

What are we thinking he might be worth?  If I'm NYR I'm asking for Mittelstadt.

I don't think it'll take Middlestadt to get it done, just my view though.

He's Swedish, so there's that.

Outside of what I see on some highlight videos and nhl.com, elite prospects I really don't see anything that stands out to warrant grabbing him. His face off % isn't noteworthy, atleast, that I can see.

Anyone have anything on the potential for this kid?

38 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He's Swedish, so there's that.

Outside of what I see on some highlight videos and nhl.com, elite prospects I really don't see anything that stands out to warrant grabbing him. His face off % isn't noteworthy, atleast, that I can see.

Anyone have anything on the potential for this kid?

He is a good prospect, not a great one.  Probably just ready for the NHL yet.  He is probably similar to Mittelstadt in that regard.

In his draft year (2017) he was expected to go around 10-15.  It was a surprise when NYR took him at #7.

He was regarded as a hardworking 2-way player with good skating, who also had good, but not super high end puck skills.

He should still be a solid NHL player but isn’t likely to be a star.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

He is a good prospect, not a great one.  Probably just ready for the NHL yet.  He is probably similar to Mittelstadt in that regard.

In his draft year (2017) he was expected to go around 10-15.  It was a surprise when NYR took him at #7.

He was regarded as a hardworking 2-way player with good skating, who also had good, but not super high end puck skills.

He should still be a solid NHL player but isn’t likely to be a star.

And that would be fine with me. Slow cook him in Rochester for the next 17-18 months. See what comes out the other side...

18 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is the kid who threw his silver medal into the stands at the WJC right?  He's whined in his time with the Rangers.  I'm not sure his attitude is the right one for this team at this time.

Maybe a 7th round pick for him.

20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

So do the Rangers need any aging, overpriced Dmen?  Do we even care?  Or do we do a "change of scenery trade" of 2017 #7 for #8?

Edit... read some of the NY press, I guess I feel that my expectations for Andersson would be no higher than for Mitts.

Edited by Doohickie

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

So do the Rangers need any aging, overpriced Dmen?  Do we even care?  Or do we do a "change of scenery trade" of 2017 #7 for #8?

Edit... read some of the NY press, I guess I feel that my expectations for Andersson would be no higher than for Mitts.

Mitts has more skill. I would not do a 1for1 trade here. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I think if the Sabres wanted to flip Mittelstadt for Andersson they would certainly do it. Mittelstadt has a much higher offensive upside. On HNIC last night, they mentioned NYR would try to get something going with the Oilers and Jesse Puljujarvi, another top draft pick who has struggled but this one will be spending the rest of the season in Finland. Apparently Oilers are the ones hesitant dealing Puljujarvi for Andersson. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

" De Haan, Seabrook out rest of season for Blackahwks "

Opening for Sabres i asume, who would we want? who would they be able to trade for value ?

I could see Bogo going their way. Not sure what comes back though. Maybe sneak KO in there.

Edited by SABRES 0311

2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

" De Haan, Seabrook out rest of season for Blackahwks "

Opening for Sabres i asume, who would we want? who would they be able to trade for value ?

Seabrook upcoming surgeries:

2020 - Hip surgery LTIR

2021 - Pedicure (gone wrong) LTIR

2022 - Liposuction (gone wrong) LTIR

2023 - Vasectomy (gone wrong) LTIR

Bowman is a genius.

I'd bring in Patrick Kane for sure if it were possible. But, coming back down to earth a bit I would like to see some size/energy and/or speed added to the line up.

My realistic targets for bottom 6, Galchenyuk out of Pitt and Wood out of Jersey. Both are energy type guys. Shouldn't remotely break the bank for either/both.

As for the 2C and 2RW, ??????

Looking for input there.

Edited by Scottysabres

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'd bring in Patrick Kane for sure if it were possible. But, coming back down to earth a bit I would like to see some size/energy and/or speed added to the line up.

My realistic targets for bottom 6, Galchenyuk out of Pitt and Wood out of Jersey. Both are energy type guys. Shouldn't remotely break the bank for either/both.

As for the 2C and 2RW, ??????

Looking for input there.

You should print, frame and send this to Galchenyuk’s agent. It may be the only time someone ever referred to him as an “energy” guy.

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

You should print, frame and send this to Galchenyuk’s agent. It may be the only time someone ever referred to him as an “energy” guy.

Admittedly I'm only going off of what I've seen when he plays the Sabres, he just looks like he has a pep in his step against us. Then again, your reminding me just how many players look better against our Sabres. ?

47 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Reinhart is too soft on the puck, never have really liked his play.  If Sabres can move him now before he signs a contract he is not worth, JBott should make the move.

He's still a solid point scorer. Don't think weakening the team is a good solution. Would leave us looking for 2 top 6 forwards. What could we offer that would net us that??

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.