Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

If you trade Hutton you are effectively doing 2 things. 

You are bumping up everyone else in the org. So that means UPL can go to Rochester and start. Whichever Rochester goalie is the best NHL backup comes up and Ullmark is now the undisputed starter in net.

Specifically you are saying that Ullmark is your guy for at least the next year and a half. So if you have faith in Ullmark you can do it. 

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you trade Hutton you are effectively doing 2 things. 

You are bumping up everyone else in the org. So that means UPL can go to Rochester and start. Whichever Rochester goalie is the best NHL backup comes up and Ullmark is now the undisputed starter in net.

Specifically you are saying that Ullmark is your guy for at least the next year and a half. So if you have faith in Ullmark you can do it. 

Unless something dramatically strange opens up (like the Devils deciding they NEED an average NHL goalie in a trade for Hall for some mystical reason), Hutton isn't getting traded in season.

Now, this off-season, depending upon Luukkonnen's development, could be another story.

my latest concoctions...

Trades
NJ- Wood for Hutton
PIT- DeSmith for Rodrigues
CBJ- Jenner and Anderson for Sheary, Mittelstadt, Girgensons, 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
VEG- ReavesTuch, Roy, 2021 2nd round pick (NJD)- Ristolainen and Reinhart

New Line up

Skinner- Eichel- Tuch

Olofsson- Jenner- Johansson

Vesey- Asplund- Anderson 

Wood- Larsson- Reaves

D-

McCabe- Montour

Dahlin- Bogo

Scandella- Joker

Goalies- 

Ullmark, DeSmith

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Unless something dramatically strange opens up (like the Devils deciding they NEED an average NHL goalie in a trade for Hall for some mystical reason), Hutton isn't getting traded in season.

Now, this off-season, depending upon Luukkonnen's development, could be another story.

I was looking more at teams getting poor goaltending and in danger of missing the playoffs because of it. Think the Blues before Binnington came up.

Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and San Jose are four that come to mind, not that I’d want to deal with the former pair.

It’s not that Hutton is a star, but he’d probably be an improvement over what they’re getting from their backups (maybe even their starters in some cases) and he has an affordable contract and a good reputation for character.

Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I was looking more at teams getting poor goaltending and in danger of missing the playoffs because of it. Think the Blues before Binnington came up.

Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and San Jose are four that come to mind, not that I’d want to deal with the former pair.

It’s not that Hutton is a star, but he’d probably be an improvement over what they’re getting from their backups (maybe even their starters in some cases) and he has an affordable contract and a good reputation for character.

But if he's being brought in to supplement the platoon rather than start during this season, then how much would somebody be willing to give up for him.

AND more importantly, how does that affect Ullmark 's play having him officially penciled in as the #1 regardless of whether he slumps due to too heavy a workload or not?

I'd just be very surprised should Hutton get traded in season.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Hutton's trade value is nil.    

Knowing how the Sabres operate, they'll just happily keep on the roster because they don't want to upset him.

I agree with the bolded.  Nobody is going to trade for him.

If Hutton doesn't improve over the course of this season, I expect JB to bring in another goalie for next year.  But not before then.

38 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Hutton's trade value is nil.    

Knowing how the Sabres operate, they'll just happily keep on the roster because they don't want to upset him.

I don’t subscribe to the theory that Hutton is worthless because of his horrible November any more than I did that he was untradeable because of his ridiculously awesome October.

GMs probably value him as an excellent backup capable of stints where he can be a good starter, particularly in a structure system, because that his what his career overall has shown him to be.

You’d have to be foolish to think the Leafs would love to add a Hutton/Miller combo if they could fit it under the cap and had the right players to offer the Sabres.

He doesn’t have a ton of value, but his value isn’t nil.

20 hours ago, sweetlou said:

my latest concoctions...

Trades
NJ- Wood for Hutton
CBJ- Jenner and Anderson for Sheary, Mittelstadt, Girgensons, 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)

New Line up

Skinner- Eichel- Tuch

Olofsson- Jenner- Johansson

Vesey- Asplund- Anderson 

Wood- Larsson- Reaves

D-

McCabe- Montour

Dahlin- Bogo

Scandella- Joker

Goalies- 

Ullmark, DeSmith

Jenner is at most a 3C - I wouldn't mind adding him and Anderson but its for bottom 6 roles.  And you overpay in the Vegas trade.

Wood isn't really that good either.    If botts makes these trades he would lose my support.    You strip our team of any talent behind Eichel and leave us bare.

22 hours ago, sweetlou said:

my latest concoctions...

Trades
NJ- Wood for Hutton

austin powers no GIF

• Like (+1) 1

So let me get this straight .... 

some refuse to believe that JB is active with making and receiving phone calls regarding a trade or two.

but you’ll believe nothing is “on the front burner”

Chose to not believe any positive news. Chose to believe all the negative though.

ok then ...

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So let me get this straight .... 

some refuse to believe that JB is active with making and receiving phone calls regarding a trade or two.

but you’ll believe nothing is “on the front burner”

Chose to not believe any positive news. Chose to believe all the negative though.

ok then ...

It’s all irrelevant. Is there a trade, or not. The answer is no. As long as it continues to be a no, we have a problem. 

“Trying” is irrelevant. A move is necessary, at this stage. It’s simply necessary. If the GM has left himself in a position where he’s handcuffed himself and can’t make one, he has no one to blame but himself. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Sabre's have a glut of defenseman are in desperate need of a top 6 winger and they're not interested in perennial all-star Taylor Hall because he "is not in their long or short term plans"?    And people wonder why they haven't made the playoffs in a decade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I agree with the sentiment.  However, regarding Taylor Hall specifically. RK coached him before and none of us know how that really went.  RK has a much better insight into Hall than we do and whether or not he's a locker room turd.

You don't win games in the lockeroom.

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The Sabre's have a glut of defenseman are in desperate need of a top 6 winger and they're not interested in perennial all-star Taylor Hall because he "is not in their long or short term plans"?    And people wonder why they haven't made the playoffs in a decade.

This is irrelevant. Taylor Hall is not coming to this shitshow of an organization. He wants to win. He could stay in Jersey and lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.