Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

A live look at Tyler Dellow, The Devils Director of Analytics, after Ray Shero proposes trading for Risto. 
ray liotta laughing GIF

Director of Analytics?  Is that a job?  

Ok New Jersey, I know when to move on.  Hall will be too slow in two years, just when Risto will be hitting his prime.  

My two trade proposals...Columbus and Pitt just lost key defenseman to long term injuries...

1.  Trade Mittelstadt, Miller, and Larsson to Blue Jackets for Anderson and Jenner.  Jackets are kind of in rebuild mode after losing all their UFA's and draft picks this past year.  Anderson and Jenner are older so they may part. They also need d help as Werenski is out with ankle injury.  Miller fills that void for them.  I would love to see a big body like Anderson on Jack's RW and Jenner would slot in as second line center.

2.  Trade Scandella and ERod to Penguins for Bjugstad. 

Line up-

Olofsson- Eichel- Anderson

Skinner- Jenner-  Reinhart

Vesey- Bjugstad- Johansson

Girgensons- Asplund- Lazar

D pairings

McCabe- Montour

Joker- Risto

Glmour/Pilut (Dahlin when back from concussion)- Bogo

Edited by sweetlou

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

My two trade proposals...Columbus and Pitt just lost key defenseman to long term injuries...

1.  Trade Mittelstadt, Miller, and Larsson to Blue Jackets for Anderson and Jenner.  Jackets are kind of in rebuild mode after losing all their UFA's and draft picks this past year.  Anderson and Jenner are older so they may part. They also need d help as Werenski is out with ankle injury.  Miller fills that void for them.  I would love to see a big body like Anderson on Jack's RW and Jenner would slot in as second line center.

Line up-

D pairings

McCabe- Montour

Joker- Risto

You maybe on to something with your Pittsburgh Trade. Bjugstad’s Injury derailed the talks(for now) supposedly 

5 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Line up-

D pairings

McCabe- Montour

Joker- Risto

Josh Anderson on a line with a Eichel?  I don’t see it.  I don’t see him as a first line forward. I see Jenner as  3C, not a 2C but he would upgrade us for now and give Cozens time   

Lets get Eichel more of a pure scorer.   Maybe Anderson would allow Eichel to be paired with Skinner.  

Edited by Pimlach

11 hours ago, inkman said:

I'd be curious to get a glimpse of the Sabres "Braintrust". 

You can find it in a couple of clicks.

Director of Analytics:  Jason Nightingale

A couple interesting names in the front office:  Teemu Numinen is an Amateur Scout- that's Teppo's brother.  Brett Ruff (Lindy's boy) is Coordinator of Hockey Administration.  John Van Boxmeer (former NHL D for Canadiens, Rockies & Sabres) is a Pro Scout.

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

You can find it in a couple of clicks.

Director of Analytics:  Jason Nightingale

A couple interesting names in the front office:  Teemu Numinen is an Amateur Scout- that's Teppo's brother.  Brett Ruff (Lindy's boy) is Coordinator of Hockey Administration.  John Van Boxmeer (former NHL D for Canadiens, Rockies & Sabres) is a Pro Scout.

Anyone know how we lured Mike Komisarek into the organization?  Interesting since he doesn't have any prior affiliation with the Sabres that I'm aware of

18 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Line up-

D pairings

McCabe- Montour

Joker- Risto

Injured too much, and really hasn't been decent because of it in years.    Can put Jenner in his spot though.    Cozens will be our 2C next year.

Jared spurgeon of the wild broke his hand last night blocking a shot, maybe they will trade for one of the sabres d-man. 

Zucker or fiala anyone? 

Both could be top 6, zucker is top 6 now, fiala should be top 6 in a year.

Mikko Koivu also out, but didn't hear why on him. 

I would like zucker for risto, straight up

Edited by miles

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I will take Fiala. 

Its interesting that the wild gm lost his job after 1 season for the trades he made and so far this season, it looks like it's working out for them. They got younger and faster and playing really well. 

Sure, they were a nightmare last season and the start of this season, but once Boudreau got his lines right, they really started clicking 

So, ERod might still have some cache. He and another forward plus a D man can be packaged up for a trade or trades. They don't all have to be a part of the same trade, but orchestrated in some manner as to clear a spot on the middle 6, collect some trade assets and wheel and deal for some scoring help.

I'm not in this thread every day, so I may have missed it, but what's stopping Botterill (other than Botterill himself) from sending away a guy like ERod for a 5th round pick, and then turning around and using that pick in a 5th round pick/Sobotka pacakge and getting back a 3rd round pick.  Then using that pick as a 3rd round pick/McCabe package for a middle 6 guy who can do 20 goals or so and lay some heavy?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.