Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, Curt said:

I mean, yes, if they can make a good trade, it’s fine. 

Its just strange to trade for a player, then trade him away a few months (~25 games) later.  You would think they brought him in with the intention of moving other D out.

The Sabres had several D out with injury to begin the year.  It makes sense that JBot would bring in the best talent he could get, which includes Gilmour and Miller.  Now that Bogo and Scandy are back, we're not so pinched on D (even with Dahlin out), so moving a Dman makes sense.  Beyond that, it becomes a case of which assets can you get the most for.  With Miller still having term, he may have more value on the trade block.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Mittelstadt is finally turning around.  Trading him would be a huge mistake for any of the buy-low options he might garner.

While I agree that they wouldn't get much for him, I don't agree with the bolded.  He looks terrible to me.  He has zero points in his last 14 games, he creates no chances, he turns potential chances into turnovers and missed shots, his line doesn't create any sustained O-zone time, and he's maybe the weakest Sabre on the puck that I can remember since Derek Roy's early years.  I think there is a high risk that he never scores 40 pts in a season and a non-negligible risk that he washes out entirely.

JB's infatuation with Mitts and failure to send him to Rochester is a major black mark on his record IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I like the rumor of Ristolainen straight up for Reilly Smith.  Similar contracts

Source?  Smith has a Modified NTC.  Do you think that the Sabres would be on his allowed trade list?  Coming from Vegas, I have my doubts, unless he really wants to be nearer home.

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This probably isn't the right thread for fun random user-created trades, but I'm not sure which one is. Sorry!

Trying to fix the skill problems, with emphasis on what the toughness posters want to improve as well. 

Casey Mittelstadt, prospect for Josh Anderson from Columbus
Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Victor Olofsson, 2nd rounder for Matt Tkachuk, Sam Bennett
Vesey for a pick
Miller (sorry True!), Thompson, Sheary, 2nd rounder for Stastny, Reaves, Carrier

Skinner - Eichel - Bennett
Johansson - Stastny - Tkachuk
Carrier - Asplund - Anderson
Zemgus - Larry - Reaves

Dahlin - Montour
Scandella - Jokiharju
McCabe - Bogosian

Cozens moves Asplund down a line next year.

Yah I know this is silly 

I especially like the first one, Josh Anderson is a big, fast rugged dude. Sign me up. The Miller, TT, Sheary one isn't bad either.

The other one requires some contemplation. 

Good Job, now make them happen.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

While I agree that they wouldn't get much for him, I don't agree with the bolded.  He looks terrible to me.  He has zero points in his last 14 games, he creates no chances, he turns potential chances into turnovers and missed shots, his line doesn't create any sustained O-zone time, and he's maybe the weakest Sabre on the puck that I can remember since Derek Roy's early years.  I think there is a high risk that he never scores 40 pts in a season and a non-negligible risk that he washes out entirely.

JB's infatuation with Mitts and failure to send him to Rochester is a major black mark on his record IMHO.

This is exactly where I'm at.  He missed the net like 3 times from 10-15 feet out the other night.  He doesn't look to me to be getting any better - he looks like a downright imposter out there, a paperboy dressed up as a hockey player for halloween with fake shoulderpads and everything.  I don't see him growing into his frame at all, nor do I see his skills improving - he's a zero.  Make him someone else's problem.

10 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

This is exactly where I'm at.  He missed the net like 3 times from 10-15 feet out the other night.  He doesn't look to me to be getting any better - he looks like a downright imposter out there, a paperboy dressed up as a hockey player for halloween with fake shoulderpads and everything.  I don't see him growing into his frame at all, nor do I see his skills improving - he's a zero.  Make him someone else's problem.

I'm not ready to just dump him, because he's still a very young player, but if it's necessary to include Mitts in a package to bring in a legit top-6 forward, I'm ready and willing to do so.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This probably isn't the right thread for fun random user-created trades, but I'm not sure which one is. Sorry!

Trying to fix the skill problems, with emphasis on what the toughness posters want to improve as well. 

Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Victor Olofsson, 2nd rounder for Matt Tkachuk, Sam Bennett
Vesey for a pick
Miller (sorry True!), Thompson, Sheary, 2nd rounder for Stastny, Reaves, Carrier

Zemgus - Larry - Reaves

Dahlin - Montour
Scandella - Jokiharju
McCabe - Bogosian

Yah I know this is silly 

I'll say this.  If the Sabres got Reaves, he'd be the 3rd most popular Sabre in 10 days or less.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

casey2.thumb.JPG.3c6d0bf2936788c0680d247d198faf87.JPG

1610465499_casey3.thumb.JPG.d75aa241cb998f6bb87f097dc8907892.JPG

497615861_casey1.thumb.JPG.d2374e634fcb322e96c66c9f96d80113.JPG

Some of Casey #'s according to Hockey Reference.  Compared to last year - Giveaways down, Face-off win % up,  & Defensive zone starts up.   However P.P.G. down (including zero in November),  TOI down, Corsi down, and Fenwick down.  This was supposed to be his breakout year.  He seems to be 'middling'....neither very good nor very bad.  And certainly a disappointment at #8 overall.

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vesey for a pick

Zemgus - Larry - Reaves

Dahlin - Montour
Scandella - Jokiharju
McCabe - Bogosian

Yah I know this is silly 

I want more jam on my D and throw Lucic into that Calgary deal, he certainly wouldn't add value. It's time we had a GM that recognizes what the fans want and it's blood.  Is Bobby Clarke available?  (Half joking) The game isn't changing enough for the better so join the Cromagnons and get me sociopaths. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vesey for a pick

Zemgus - Larry - Reaves

Dahlin - Montour
Scandella - Jokiharju
McCabe - Bogosian

Yah I know this is silly 

Very interesting and would seem to make the team better and tougher.  Would it fit the cap?

12 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

casey2.thumb.JPG.3c6d0bf2936788c0680d247d198faf87.JPG

1610465499_casey3.thumb.JPG.d75aa241cb998f6bb87f097dc8907892.JPG

497615861_casey1.thumb.JPG.d2374e634fcb322e96c66c9f96d80113.JPG

Some of Casey #'s according to Hockey Reference.  Compared to last year - Giveaways down, Face-off win % up,  & Defensive zone starts up.   However P.P.G. down (including zero in November),  TOI down, Corsi down, and Fenwick down.  This was supposed to be his breakout year.  He seems to be 'middling'....neither very good nor very bad.  And certainly a disappointment at #8 overall.

It's almost as if his name is defining the kind of player he'll be?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Vesey for a pick

Zemgus - Larry - Reaves

Dahlin - Montour
Scandella - Jokiharju
McCabe - Bogosian

Yah I know this is silly 

Where do I sign up for this?  The line balance is much better, albeit probably less "talented" on paper from what we are giving up.  But talent without will equates to the abomination that we see on the ice in Sabres sweaters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.