Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Apple's and oranges. As was stated early on, shake up trades, change of scenery trades sometimes work.

But at this point I don't want to see JBot make an "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" trade while we still have real needs.

And just curious.... why did you use an apostrophe in Apple's but not oranges?

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You could honestly start just making up names at this point and I wouldn't call you on it

lol

imagine if you will, a 6'4" center who can skate, score, loves physicality and is only 17. He is currently 4th in the OHL for points and 7th in PPG. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

But at this point I don't want to see JBot make an "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" trade while we still have real needs.

The apples possess the oranges.

It's a dominance thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Couple points:

1) +/- is really a mix between a team stat and individual player stat.  For any player it’s going to be heavily influenced by the team they play on.

2) +/- is not a defensive stat any more than it is an offensive stat.

3) If you take the view that Reinhart is not defensively responsible because his +/- is negative, then you are also taking the view that Buffalo has had zero defensively responsible players over the last few years, because they all have negative +/-.  This includes even ROR.

Ok, ROR sucked when he was here just like the rest of the team

47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Remember when we had the discussion of why ROR should be traded? It amounted to the last few years the team sucked. 

We can't keep subtracting talent and expecting to be better. 

At this point, Skinner, Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, and Jokiharju

I won't say you're wrong, but I think it's a bit early to call Joker part of the core.  But he's doing well in his audition.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Such as?

Who's available? I'm not giving him away, but I'd have to think there is a package out there somewhere. I mean its not like he a superstar, I'd explore it though.

4 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

I agree but he was bad for the team and the locker room

Yeah I wasn't around then, but that was reported. Personally, I found it surprising, I coached against Ryan and he was always a high character guy.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

It doesn't fix the engine. You are going into the parts store with a rod through the block asking the guy about an oil change. 

You do realize there is more wrong with car than the engine. The brakes need replacing, the fuel tank has a hole in it, both tail lights are out, the alternator is shot, the radiator needs a flush and the transmission is shot.

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I see your point.

And not sure, force of habit I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

You do realize there is more wrong with car than the engine. The brakes need replacing, the fuel tank has a hole in it, both tail lights are out, the alternator is shot, the radiator needs a flush and the transmission is shot.

I see your point.

And not sure, force of habit I guess.

I realize that without an offensive engine it doesn't matter if you paint the car. 

15 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Lol.  Young kid who prolly never played a sport in his life but is decent at math thinks he knows everything 

You certainly aren’t describing me ?

anyway ... I would be behind trading Olofsson and ERod if it meant an upgrade. Even slightly. But I think a little more fuel to that fire is what’s needed to grab someone of worth.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.