Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Per Friedman’s Instigators Appearance:

Minnesota and Kings are looking to be active in the trade market. 

And Botterill and Flames GM Brad Trevling have been in on again off again trade discussions.

Not Gaudreau however as they do not want to move him.

That’s something for the offseason and the price will be astronomical. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And Botterill and Flames GM Brad Trevling have been in on again off again trade discussions.

I really have no idea what a trade with Calgary would even look like for us. Maybe we send a pending UFA and a pick for a player under contract for a similar cap hit with longer term? I don't know.

Edited by darksabre

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Got to be Mark Jankowski. He plays PK from what I've read. But is a sizable young player, RFA next year, Botterill would be wise to acquire him.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mark-jankowski

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Got to be Mark Jankowski. He plays PK from what I've read. But is a sizable young player, RFA next year, Botterill would be wise to acquire him.

Just now, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

We need better than this.

It's 100% the guy Botterill wants though, Scotty nailed that

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Wise to acquire a player that has 0 points in the first 21 games of the season? GTFO. 

Bare in mind, Botterill is most certainly looking for bottom 6 upgrades as well as Top 6. There is nothing wrong with walking and chewing gum at the same time. Jankowski looks decent on the PK, a problem area as of late for the Sabres, and he's also not shy about using his size, something the Sabres sorely lack as well. The RFA status at 25 yrs old provides further flexibility and he's most likely not an expensive re-sign for 2 to 4 yrs I'd surmise.

Just a hunch, but given what I've read from Calgary fans seems logical. They are looking for an RD upgrade according to their fans at least.

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Bare in mind, Botterill is most certainly looking for bottom 6 upgrades as well as Top 6. There is nothing wrong with walking and chewing gum at the same time. Jankowski looks decent on the PK, a problem area as of late for the Sabres, and he's also not shy about using his size, something the Sabres sorely lack as well. The RFA status at 25 yrs old provides further flexibility and he's most likely not an expensive re-sign for 2 to 4 yrs I'd surmise.

Just a hunch, but given what I've read from Calgary fans seems logical. They are looking for an RD upgrade according to their fans at least.

Alright I will bite even though I think Jankowski is a JAG in the extreme, what RHD are you trading them to acquire this wonderful PK killer who offers nothing else? 

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Completely unrelated to the topic, but does anyone else get an ad for Uggs at the bottom of this link?  I don't know why, but it looks like they photoshopped the head of the little girl on the left onto her body backwards.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

He's nothing like Larsson from what I've seen. He's big, and can hold his own in front of the net. Jankowski centering Larsson and Girgs? Yea, that's an upgrade I can get behind. Sure beats doing nothing.

***** it, throw Scandella at them 

Just now, shrader said:

Completely unrelated to the topic, but does anyone else get an ad for Uggs at the bottom of this link?  I don't know why, but it looks like they photoshopped the head of the little girl on the left onto her body backwards.

I believe you know what your wife wants for Christmas now

Just now, WildCard said:

Why would you quote me to repeat the same sentiment then

It wasn't the same sentiment....maybe this will help

I responded that we needed better than Jankowski.

You responded that he is the guy that Jbot 100% wants.

I responded that we need Jbot to want better than that.

They are separate issues and the "again" was not meant that you didn't hear me the 1st time or disagreed with me, it was meant to reiterate that we need both issues to be better than that.

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He's nothing like Larsson from what I've seen. He's big, and can hold his own in front of the net. Jankowski centering Larsson and Girgs? Yea, that's an upgrade I can get behind. Sure beats doing nothing.

If you say so. It looks like a whole lot of nothing to me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.