Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

While JG is a talented player, is that listing of 5'9", 170lbs on capfriendly accurate? If so.....yikes and no thanks. I'd like to see some Andreychuk net front presence size and skill is all.

Not wanting Gaudreau is just silly.  You can’t simply say “no thanks” to a talent like that.  Every single team in the league would want to and benefit from adding him.

The only questions are what would it take to acquire him, and it that worth it?

Just now, Curt said:

Not wanting Gaudreau is just silly.  You can’t simply say “no thanks” to a talent like that.  Every single team in the league would want to and benefit from adding him.

The only questions are what would it take to acquire him, and it that worth it?

So would a guy like Sam and a D prospect work or McCabe and Sam for JG and a pick say 2nd round?

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Does he actually need to state that to anyone?

He pretty much should always be looking to see if there's a way to improve the team.  (And to be clear, I expect he is.  But, except when he actually gets a deal done (trade or signing) we never see that the work is getting done.)

21 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

My guess is most NHL players think Gaudreau is hard to play against. 

I've watched that guy get erased in every playoff series he's ever played in aside from a late power play against the Miller Canucks, which was the worst team I've ever seen in playoff hockey. 

And regardless, I'd still add Gaudreau - but you missed the half of the post that points out how much it would gut our team 

Edited by Randall Flagg

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've watched that guy get erased in every playoff series he's ever played in aside from a late power play against the Miller Canucks, which was the worst team I've ever seen in playoff hockey. 

And regardless, I'd still add Gaudreau - but you missed the half of the post that points out how much it would gut our team 

Same.

IIRC he played with Eichel at the World Cup a few years ago and they had some nice chemistry.

13 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Oo, now that's interesting.

It would leave a massive chasm at center that we wouldn’t be able to overcome. We would need another trade for at least a 2C and hope something like this is enough of a top nine next year:

Tkachuk-2C-Gaudreu 
Skinner-MoJo-Reinhart

Olofsson-Cozens-Tage

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jim Mora playoffs gif 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

It would leave a massive chasm at center that we wouldn’t be able to overcome. We would need another trade for at least a 2C and hope something like this is enough of a top nine next year:

Tkachuk-2C-Gaudreu 
Skinner-MoJo-Reinhart

Olofsson-Cozens-Tage

After tonight, is be happy sticking Asplund up there and going for it.

Send 37 and something else to ottowa for the other tkachuk while we're at it!!!!

Apparently something up in Calgary today. I know there has been a great deal of trade talk swirling around the Flames.

Bill Peters just told us #Flames have recalled Tobias Rieder and there will likely be more transactions to come today. Stay tuned...

Edited by Scottysabres

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Johnny hockey is the kind of player you’d trade him for. 

And why would Calgary be licking their chops to jump all over this trade exactly?

construct Calgary’s lineup with Rinehart and Risto. Then tell me how it’s better with Rinehart and Risto, And Gaudreau and Jankowski gone?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.