Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 more losses in a row and i honestly believe the Sabres will never see the top 8 again. No way will they put more than 2 wins in a row together with this lineup.

If they fall 6 points behind 8 spot, blow the whole roster up...including Jack. There is something very wrong with this team and he can't fix it either.

10 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

2 more losses in a row and i honestly believe the Sabres will never see the top 8 again. No way will they put more than 2 wins in a row together with this lineup.

If they fall 6 points behind 8 spot, blow the whole roster up...including Jack. There is something very wrong with this team and he can't fix it either.

Wow.  Now that ladies and gentlemen , is a bridge jumping comment if I ever saw one ?

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

They’re soft. They can’t score because no one wants to pay the price. No one goes where ya gots to go. Ya gots to get dirty. Crash the friggin net. Quit with the perimeter shite. And quit with the fashion statements. Get rid of the damn fancy scarves and the wingtips. Bring yer friggin workboots. Roll up yer sleeves and get back to work.

ok I’ll stop. But damn that felt good.

7 hours ago, bunomatic said:

They’re soft. They can’t score because no one wants to pay the price. No one goes where ya gots to go. Ya gots to get dirty. Crash the friggin net. Quit with the perimeter shite. And quit with the fashion statements. Get rid of the damn fancy scarves and the wingtips. Bring yer friggin workboots. Roll up yer sleeves and get back to work.

The only thing I can add is that some lack the talent to score!

9 hours ago, bunomatic said:

This comment irked me a bit. It isn't about what they wear off the ice. You can wear fancy clothes and work hard. It is about execution on the ice and working hard there on every shift. Dress shoes for some people are workboots. 

I keep hearing that the Sabres want a top 9 forward... if the waste assets to acquire another Sheary or Vesey or Okposo OR whatever mediocre middle 6 forward they name, I will puke. They need a bonafide top 6 forward. If you just want a top 9 guy, promote Asplund or Thompson and move on. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This comment irked me a bit. It isn't about what they wear off the ice. You can wear fancy clothes and work hard. It is about execution on the ice and working hard there on every shift. Dress shoes for some people are workboots. 

It's hyperbole, meant to evoke the mental imagery of a serious, no-foolin'-around blue collar worker, with massive forearms popping out of denim sleeves, a metal lunch-box in one hand, a large, steel wrench in the other.  A grimace on the steely face of a nondescript man.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to defend how the players dress.  If @bunomatic is conjouring up the person above, he also is old enough to have seen how NHL players dressed in the late '70s through the early '80s.  These guys today have nothing on those guys when it comes to foo-foo styles.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

It's hyperbole, meant to evoke the mental imagery of a serious, no-foolin'-around blue collar worker, with massive forearms popping out of denim sleeves, a metal lunch-box in one hand, a large, steel wrench in the other.  A grimace on the steely face of a nondescript man.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to defend how the players dress.  If @bunomatic is conjouring up the person above, he also is old enough to have seen how NHL players dressed in the late '70s through the early '80s.  These guys today have nothing on those guys when it comes to foo-foo styles.

Ik it's hyperbole just irked me a little. His point about them working hard during games is important. 

21 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're still sorta new here, but Callaway is the McDavid of Sabrespace bridge jumpers. If he wasn't jumping off a bridge at this point, we'd all be concerned he had actually jumped off a bridge. 

Oh I know lol. In the 6-7 months I’ve been here, i have most posters and mods figured out by now. Some surprises, some disappointments, some very nice, some very funny, (in a good and bad way). ?

I think Risto, and/or Scandella will be moved by Christmas. Perhaps a prospect or two as well.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Am I naive to assume that the league even bothered to reviewed that hit and determined that that was completely clean hit and did not deserved any supplemental punishment?

And it's not like Kucherov has a very recent history of suspension for cheap hits... oh wait.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Am I naive to assume that the league even bothered to reviewed that hit and determined that that was completely clean hit and did not deserved any supplemental punishment?

I stopped caring about NHL discipline a decade ago. The league is q joke run by dinosaurs. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I've been here for years and I'm still clueless.

So am I. My wife likes the usage of the word "thingie" almost as much as @New Scotland (NS) , with the word "doohickie" coming in a close 2nd. Neither word means anything yet they could easily mean everything. The only time I understand what she wants is when she asks me to put my doohickie in her thingie.....or at least I hope I'm getting it right.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

So am I. My wife likes the usage of the word "thingie" almost as much as @New Scotland (NS) , with the word "doohickie" coming in a close 2nd. Neither word means anything yet they could easily mean everything. The only time I understand what she wants is when she asks me to put my doohickie in her thingie.....or at least I hope I'm getting it right.

Liar.  No one likes doohickie.?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The etymology of the name was that way back when the internet was still kind of anonymous (prior to Facebook), I needed a username.  My wife was teaching Sunday School at the time and one of the little boys couldn't say her last name, so he called her Mrs. Doohickie (which sounds, at best, only "kind of" like my name is pronounced).  So I used Doohickie as my username back then and have used it ever since.  This is going back almost 20 years. The profile picture was on my birthday in 2011, so that's pretty old too.  I'm older than that now, but it's my Internet Trademark.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The etymology of the name was that way back when the internet was still kind of anonymous (prior to Facebook), I needed a username.  My wife was teaching Sunday School at the time and one of the little boys couldn't say her last name, so he called her Mrs. Doohickie (which sounds, at best, only "kind of" like my name is pronounced).  So I used Doohickie as my username back then and have used it ever since.  This is going back almost 20 years. The profile picture was on my birthday in 2011, so that's pretty old too.  I'm older than that now, but it's my Internet Trademark.

Nice.....maybe you could start a thread on how people came up with their usernames. there are some out there that might also be interesting to hear about how they came about.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Nice.....maybe you could start a thread on how people came up with their usernames. there are some out there that might also be interesting to hear about how they came about.

I think we had one at some point.  But anyway, no story is more thrilling than mine.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

My wife was teaching Sunday School at the time and one of the little boys couldn't say her last name, so he called her Mrs. Doohickie (which sounds, at best, only "kind of" like my name is pronounced).

So, probably more Anglo than Saxon, likely Scottish or Irish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.