Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, Huckleberry said:

You don't seem patient though ?.   Seriously Botts has made several trades last year , signend Mojo to a good UFA deal.    I think its normal for him to evaluate the team after the first 6 weeks and see what is needed to improve.

I am patient and I really like Botts, and I didn’t mean it as a criticism of him, but I’m not holding my breath or expecting a trade after X happens.  I’ve heard that too many times in the past few months.  Who knows when something is going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

JT Miller was a guy I wanted Botts to target last summer but I was happy the Sabres didn’t pay the Canucks price.

But boy, oh boy does he look exactly like what the Sabres need in their top 6. Big, physical, defensively responsible and putting up points.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Carolina has extra forwards worth acquiring????  They trading Necas

away or something??

I'm pretty sure the suggestion was that they also are looking to add forward in exchange for D.  They've been dressing 7 d-men most nights, so they're in no shape at the moment to move out a forward.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

JT Miller was a guy I wanted Botts to target last summer but I was happy the Sabres didn’t pay the Canucks price.

But boy, oh boy does he look exactly like what the Sabres need in their top 6. Big, physical, defensively responsible and putting up points.

I must have mentioned JT Miller about 3000 times this summer and was regularly shot down. Feather in my cap, baby! 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I must have mentioned JT Miller about 3000 times this summer and was regularly shot down. Feather in my cap, baby! 

JT Miller is a good hockey player n all, but what he's doing right now is unsustainable. He's getting 60% d zone starts and somehow his relative Corsi is a 14.9. That's absurd. He's literally never had stats this good, ever.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

You don't seem patient though ?.   Seriously Botts has made several trades last year , signend Mojo to a good UFA deal.    I think its normal for him to evaluate the team after the first 6 weeks and see what is needed to improve.

I agree with everything you've said for the most part but just want to add that I'm sure Botts already knows whats needed to improve. Its been pretty obvious going back to last year & not much has changed to affect that need. He may have wanted to evaluate what defenseman to move out, but that was also due to necessity given the injuries to our back end. But I don't really see it as an evaluation thing. I mean for the most part our forwards are who we've come to expect. I see the no trade thing more along the lines that Botts has been waiting for our guys to get healed up & that he hasn't been willing to give up whatever assets it'd take to bring in another top 6/9 forward at this point.

Seems every team is looking for help there & the asking price has to be high, because not many teams have a surplus of those players. So you either need to trade something of value or take in cap in return. And we really can't do that until next year when we have more cap space. I could see us doing what we did with Skinner though. Getting a player back who's in the final year of their contract.

But I'm sure we'll see a trade at some point. I just don't want us to just make a trade for the sake of it, its gotta be for someone who can actually help us. Finding that right player on a team who wants what we can offer is the hard part.

16 hours ago, MillerVaive said:

I agree with everything you've said for the most part but just want to add that I'm sure Botts already knows whats needed to improve. Its been pretty obvious going back to last year & not much has changed to affect that need. He may have wanted to evaluate what defenseman to move out, but that was also due to necessity given the injuries to our back end. But I don't really see it as an evaluation thing. I mean for the most part our forwards are who we've come to expect. I see the no trade thing more along the lines that Botts has been waiting for our guys to get healed up & that he hasn't been willing to give up whatever assets it'd take to bring in another top 6/9 forward at this point.

Seems every team is looking for help there & the asking price has to be high, because not many teams have a surplus of those players. So you either need to trade something of value or take in cap in return. And we really can't do that until next year when we have more cap space. I could see us doing what we did with Skinner though. Getting a player back who's in the final year of their contract.

But I'm sure we'll see a trade at some point. I just don't want us to just make a trade for the sake of it, its gotta be for someone who can actually help us. Finding that right player on a team who wants what we can offer is the hard part.

Well they know we have a surplus of RHD that are needed everywhere.   I still think when it comes to trading for a forward we are in the drivers seat.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:48 PM, sweetlou said:

With Chicago struggling do you think they ever move Kane before his contract is up.  Would you want him in Buffalo for the next four years? What would you have to give up to get him?

I think he could be good for Jack.  They would have to take on some salary back.  Risto, Mitts,  ERod,  2021 1st rd pick.

I'm sorry, but that is too much for Pat Kane at this point in his career.  They can have the pick (or the 2020 1st round pick) and either RIstolainen or Mittlestadt.  But I think it would take Mittlestadt to get the deal done, and I would prefer to keep him at this point in his development.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Toffoli because I think he will come cheaper

He better be and Botts better be a really good salesman because moving from LA to Buffalo is going to be a very hard sell plus he'll need a pretty nice UFA salary to boot starting next year. 

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Not everyone likes LA.  I've been there plenty of times and if you gave me the option to choose WNY and LA to live I'd choose WNY every time.  WNY does not win that battle with every city, I just don't care for LA.

I'd never live in LA. No chance in hell. 

• Like (+1) 1

Didn't mean that as a blast on Buffalo but the guy has played there since 2012, he's a professional athlete, he's under 30, he has a multimillion dollar annual salary and the weather there is pretty sweet in comparison to WNY in the winter. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure Buffalo may not be his first choice.

We needed atleast two more Johansson type moves this summer.  Everybody and their ***** grandmother new this team needed more offense and Johansson and vesey isn’t even close to enough.  Is this yet another year they piss down the drain because they can’t score to save their lives?  I like their D but man their forwards suck.  Sobotka, sheary, Rodrigues, vesey, mittlestadt, okposo are all trash.  Until we get more than 5 forwards worth anything this team will continue to lose.  The same song keeps playing on the stereo.  Either wake the ***** up and change the song or just put me to sleep now.  I’ve seen how this story plays out too many times.  ***** off.  Good night. 

Edited by Derrico

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

We needed atleast two more Johansson type moves this summer.  Everybody and their ***** grandmother new this team needed more offense and Johansson and vesey isn’t even close to enough.  Is this yet another year they piss down the drain because they can’t score to save their lives?  I like their D but man their forwards suck.  Sobotka, sheary, Rodrigues, vesey, mittlestadt, okposo are all trash.  Until we get more than 5 forwards worth anything this team will continue to lose.  The same song keeps playing on the stereo.  Either wake the ***** up and change the song or just put me to sleep now.  I’ve seen how this story plays out too many times.  ***** off.  Good night. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Roster surgery my ***** ass.  

Hello Angry Derrico.  Nice to meet you.  We have a club.  Angry @Eleven is our fearless leader.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Fabbri has two goals in his first game with Detroit.

There are ways to make the team better during the season and I hope something happens for us.

Didn't the Sabres have a trade for a guy who did that in his first game... Bernier? 

That said, Fabbri is exactly the type of player to target. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.