Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think he is bad.  He has been bad so far this season.  I still think he will be an NHL 3rd/4th liner for the next several years, even if it’s not in Buffalo.

That may be true, he has speed, but this year it seems to have no purpose....maybe he's trying too hard to impress after the early benching and pressing too much. 

We don't have much forward depth behind him.... Tage, Lazar.... Everyone else appears not close to ready (asplund, etc) 

A trade for a forward would be nice here with the D depth we have, even with a trade, I think with the play of Gilmour, we have an extra expendable one for the right return. 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

8. Evan Rodrigues has played just six games for Buffalo. There are teams who really liked what they saw of him last season. He’d be perfect for both Ottawa and Toronto, although I’m not sure the Sabres would want to help the Maple Leafs.

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts 

Things like this never have intrinsic logic. If they don't think he's any good, they shouldn't have a problem moving him to a division rival. 

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

This team has simply improved its depth to the point that Erod finally looks out of space.

He's Tim Kennedy.  Nathan Gerbe.  Jason Dawe. Dave Snuggerud.

Vlad Sobotka...

I'm not sure much of anyone would look "out of place" if one of those places is being held by Vlad. 

Edited by Thorny

Toffoli's value is low right now, healthy scratch.  Pending UFA rental contract makes him even lower in value until the deadline, but we aren't a team that is banking anything due to LTIR to wait for him later either.  Couldn't trade for him without shipping 4.6+ mil salary out to match, though the kings do have 5 mil in space to dump something if needed (Sobotka!)

Not really sure what his value is even at right now, and then how much it goes up to take-on a salary dump to fit him in?  Rodrigues+Sobotka for Toffoli+expendable contract?  Or do they want to go bigger and include Ristolainen and Martinez as a swap, and change the prospect to something better?

Given the way Ralph is utilizing his players right now, does anyone think he would prefer Toffoli to Sobotka on the Mojo line?

And if not Vlad, where does Toffoli fit into the Sabres lineup?

His numbers have been remarkably similar to Kyle Okposo’s in each of the past for years, and he’s just as slow.

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Are we in on Hall?

Speedy goal scoring RW. From Ontario, probably likes Ralph.

Does Risto and a first get it done?

Jesus Christ, that is my wet dream

51 minutes ago, Hank said:

I sure hope not. 

If there is an extension in place then hells ya.  If not then that's too rich.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.