Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Credit where credit is due: Harrington’s write-up on Sobotka/RaKru is far more contextual than the click bait Tweet from Vogl.

Harrington is a good writer.  He is was an *****, but he's a good hockey columnist.  So much better than the dark days of the Gleason regime.

Actually, he's been working on the ***** part, and seems to have mostly overcome it.  So a correction is due.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Credit where credit is due: Harrington’s write-up on Sobotka/RaKru is far more contextual than the click bait Tweet from Vogl.

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Harrington is a good writer.  He is was an *****, but he's a good hockey columnist.  So much better than the dark days of the Gleason regime.

Actually, he's been working on the ***** part, and seems to have mostly overcome it.  So a correction is due.

Well, I'm not feeling quite as generous as 11 is on this, but I did read the article based on you gents' recommendations, and it was pretty good.  So give MH credit for that.

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

No, I think he was saying that objective views rank Ristolainen more highly than I do. 

You're right, Thorny, and I hate to say that. I should not have said objective. Instead I believe or it's my opinion more people have a higher regard for Risto as a defenseman than you seem to. Could I be wrong? I most certainly could be.

• 2 weeks later...

We have enough depth the cover three weeks.  But I’ll say again what I’ve said all summer, only make that trade if it substantially upgrades the top 6.  Don’t be moving him for the sake of it or a third liner coming back.

Toughness is overrated until you don’t have it imo.  He and McCabe are the only two bringing that element (I guess bogo too once he’s back but he’s useless).  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Derrico said:

We have enough depth the cover three weeks.  But I’ll say again what I’ve said all summer, only make that trade if it substantially upgrades the top 6.  Don’t be moving him for the sake of it or a third liner coming back.

Toughness is overrated until you don’t have it imo.  He and McCabe are the only two bringing that element (I guess bogo too once he’s back but he’s useless).  

Personally I think ERod is a huge upgrade to the top-6 over Sobotka, but what do I know.

39 minutes ago, Derrico said:

One could certainly make an argument over the legitimacy of Risto's toughness.  Does he hit people? Sure. Is anyone scared to play against him. Not even a little. I'll bet most skill guys lick their chops seeing him climb over the boards. 

4 minutes ago, kas23 said:

They can give us Ehlers for Risto. Otherwise they can bugger off, I don’t feel sorry for their situation. 

Exactly, I'm hoping the days of the Sabres doing other teams a Solid, by taking their trash, are over. And if wpg want him before Montour is fit id want pick(s) as well as ehlers. 

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Over Sobotka he is

Meh.  Erod is a third liner at best imo.  Maybe a slight upgrade but huge is not what I would describe that as.  He's not a top 6 player today.  Neither are.  Hence why I would consider a Risto deal.

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

That's just because he's the whipping boy around here.  I'm not going to sit here and defend Sobotka.  Not gonna happen.  But Erod is not dramatically improving that top 6 from what we iced the first three games.  He's not.

He's not a whipping boy he's just bad. Every metric and eye test says he is. Erod takes as from bad to solid/even good. Improving your 2nd line like that is a great improvement

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.