Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

9 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Risto could be reborn under Krueger. A coach who may know how to use him properly and stabilize his metrics.

One of the things said about RFK (or maybe he said it about himself) when he was hired was that he likes to put players in a position to succeed.  If this is true, RISTO WILL BE FINE.  He's a strong, albeit flawed, defenseman, with the right partner, the right system and the right usage i could see him excelling.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, Doohickie said:

One of the things said about RFK (or maybe he said it about himself) when he was hired was that he likes to put players in a position to succeed.  If this is true, RISTO WILL BE FINE.  He's a strong, albeit flawed, defenseman, with the right partner, the right system and the right usage i could see him excelling.

That's the hope... Less minutes and paired with someone who has stronger defensive game with a coach who's scheme has a place for his strengths... With our defensive injuries were going to be finding out IMO, as I don't see us being in a hurry to trade him.

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

No, that’s a bottom 6 prospect and a latter 1st. Nothing with enough value to make me interested 

If the Jets lose all 3 of their starting RHD, maybe they sink to mid teens in the draft.  They get Risto, but we know he's not a number 1 pair guy.  With our first in the teens or higher plus the 1st from the Peg, JBOT might be able to trade that into a top 10 or higher draft pick in 2020.  Something to think about.

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Would you take Roslovic and a 1st?

No, even though that’s good value.

I think people are forgetting the point of trading Risto is to make our top six better.

Roslovic is not a top six player. You would be trading a good NHL defenceman (yes, Risto) for futures.

Thats not the move of a team that wants to win now.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No, even though that’s good value.

I think people are forgetting the point of trading Risto is to make our top six better.

Roslovic is not a top six player. You would be trading a good NHL defenceman (yes, Risto) for futures.

Thats not the move of a team that wants to win now.

Yeah, that trade could've made sense if they were getting another potential stopgap at 2C a long with another 1st rounders and the cap space to improve the left side of the D (Gardiner).  But if it's just bringing in another non-2C to try to fill that spot and a pick, then what's the point?

• Like (+1) 1

My understanding is that Point and TB talks are stalled.  My guess is he wants a Marner type deal.  Is he worth it?  How would he perform on a lesser talented team?  Would you trade Mitts and Risto for him?  Can we even afford him long-term?  How would we come up with the extra 5 Mill to sign him? 

Opening Roster

Skinner Jack Reinhart

Johnasson Point Vesey

Olofsson Erod Thompson

Sheary Larsson Okposo

Girgensons

Dahlin Miller (until Montour returns)

McCabe Jokiharju

Scandella (until a Bogo returns) Borgen

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My understanding is that Point and TB talks are stalled.  My guess is he wants a Marner type deal.  Is he worth it?  How would he perform on a lesser talented team?  Would you trade Mitts and Risto for him?  Can we even afford him long-term?  How would we come up with the extra 5 Mill to sign him? 

Opening Roster

Skinner Jack Reinhart

Johnasson Point Vesey

Olofsson Erod Thompson

Sheary Larsson Okposo

Girgensons

McCabe Jokiharju

You can start by finding a way to get Sobotka and okposo off the roster. Problem would be next year when you have to re-up Reinhart and dahlin

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Opening Roster

Skinner Jack Reinhart

Johnasson Point Vesey

Olofsson Erod Thompson

Sheary Larsson Okposo

Girgensons

McCabe Jokiharju

I'd add a 1st to that, probably more, and not even think twice. 

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The biggest issue for me would be once we re-sign Sam and Dahlin, we’d have Skinner, Jack, Reinhart, Point and Dahlin for nearly 50 mill. That leaves only 35 mill for 17-18 other players.

Meh. That's just the way it's going to be without the ability to circumvent the cap with backdiving contracts and phony years. 

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The biggest issue for me would be once we re-sign Sam and Dahlin, we’d have Skinner, Jack, Reinhart, Point and Dahlin for nearly 50 mill. That leaves only 35 mill for 17-18 other players.

I disagree....for me, the biggest issue is starting to win so none of these players "loses their love for the game."

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think that's the current way for teams. Pay the top guys and fill in from there.

17 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The elimination of the middle class.

I wonder how good of a team you could assemble with 20 x $4M players. You could possibly get 12 forwards who can score 10-20 goals.

The way contracts are being awarded , yes there is only so much money and if you want to keep your Skimmers,Dahlins, and Eichel' s then you have to take it from the middle or at the very least third and fourth tier players. So you better be right on those core contract awards.

32 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The elimination of the middle class.

I wonder how good of a team you could assemble with 20 x $4M players. You could possibly get 12 forwards who can score 10-20 goals.

You’d get the Vegas Golden Knights.

Or at least the version that went to the finals.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.