Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

51 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Risto is cheaper and could offer a more physical style closer to Big Buff than Faulk, and he's young/durable/locked up 

Honka is younger, a RFA whose new deal will be less than Risto’s over the next three years, and has much better metrics albeit  in a 3rd pairing role. 

Considering that both Risto and Honka would be best suited in second pairing role and the fact  that Dreger said Risto’s asking price is still high and Dallas is reportedly asking for a draft pick, Honka is the better option for other teams 

1 minute ago, Briere48 said:

I think our heads will explode when we see the return brought back for Risto. I don’t think it’ll be anything what people are assuming it will be.

Unless it's Risto+ I tend to agree. I think many Buffalo fans regard him much higher than GM's around the league. He's good not great. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Honka is younger, a RFA whose new deal will be less than Risto’s over the next three years, and has much better metrics albeit  in a 3rd pairing role. 

Considering that both Risto and Honka would be best suited in second pairing role and the fact  that Dreger said Risto’s asking price is still high and Dallas is reportedly asking for a draft pick, Honka is the better option for other teams 

Don't bring me down with your facts

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

I think our heads will explode when we see the return brought back for Risto. I don’t think it’ll be anything what people are assuming it will be.

What are people assuming it will be? I've seen a lot of pragmatic discussion of things like Roslovic and a mediocre vet. I've seen a lot of discussion about adding Mitts, perhaps our best prospect, to the trade to get something more worthwhile. 

Do you think it's going to be like a second rounder or something?

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Low hanging fruit .... something something Ryan O’Reilly.

am I doing it right?

I'd say "something something, Andrew Luck", but even that one's not quite right.  He's 34 years old and pairing that up with missing a lot of games due to injury recently, it is understandable.

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is close to being true. His point totals are certainly helped by playing next to MacK, but MacK is also boosted by Mikko, who is outstanding in his own right

And you can substitute Tavares for MacKinnon.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What are people assuming it will be? I've seen a lot of pragmatic discussion of things like Roslovic and a mediocre vet. I've seen a lot of discussion about adding Mitts, perhaps our best prospect, to the trade to get something more worthwhile. 

Do you think it's going to be like a second rounder or something?

Our best Prospect is Cozens. 

If I am adding Mitts and Risto to a deal than I want Connor and something. I am not dealing with the 1way whiny Laine for Risto +.  Also Laine wants to be paid like a first liner and is bitching because he isn't being played on the first line. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I am adding Mitts and Risto to a deal than I want Connor and something. I am not dealing with the 1way whiny Laine for Risto +.  Also Laine wants to be paid like a first liner and is bitching because he isn't being played on the first line. 

I'll stick with my "perhaps" rather than declaring Cozens better with certainty. 

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Mittelstadt and Risto for Connor and...? would have to be something both teams would have to discuss, given their situations.

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Casey Mittelstadt is not a prospect. If Mitts is a prospect then Dahlin is a prospect. 

Ah, I didn't realize you were sticking to the rigid definition of prospect there, I agree with you in that sense. I thought you were comparing their relevant seasons and declaring Cozens better than Casey was. 

The original point I wanted to make was that people were adding perhaps our best young forward (say, age 22 or under) to trades to try and come up with bigger returns that can help us more. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.