Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I'd love for TO to match that offer sheet.

What would that be??? 44% of your cap wrapped up into 3 guys?

Match it Dube, match it.

Yep. I would rather them match it then them getting 4 1st rounders. Those 3 guys are great, but they don’t make a team and TOR would be handcuffed for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

Besides the obvious untouchables, who could we realistically get from the Flames for Ristolainen? I think they're smart enough to realize their window is never going to get better than it is now, so they may be a little desperate to go all in right now

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Their problem is similar to other teams.  They don't have a lot of cap space, they have an expensive RFA to sign and the players they have who make big dollars either have NTCs or are players they won't want to trade.

They have 7.75M in cap space.  Risto takes 5.4 of that if they acquire him.

They've been trying to trade Brodie apparently but adding Risto doesn't seem to help that particular issue. Valimaki is a left d not a right anyhow so McCabe or Scandella would seem to be a better fit in that way.

Risto doesn't get you the rights to Tkachuk.  Jankowski doesn't move enough money out to help Calgary. It's a bad match

All of which is true it appears, unless.........Biffalo eats cap, say, 3 million of Risto's contract. What would that get us then? Because we are shedding a ton next season anyways.

6 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Yeah, I guess we could do that but it's not like we have tons of cap to throw around right now either and retaining 3M of Risto doesn't sound appealing. to bring in a .5 ppg player.  That makes Jankowski's effective cap hit a minimum of 4.675 for this year and likely over 6 at a minimum after that.  Is he worth that?

I wasn't th8nking merely Calgary. I'm thinking league wide.

I mean, think about it for a moment, and correct me if my thoughts are skewed, but we have Reinhart and Dahlin in that 3 yr window (Risto's remaining yrs on contract). This season Botts can move more than just Risto to shed a bit of cap, say, Scandella and Sobotka + one of our many line 3/4 players, no?

And if that is true, combined with a few of the ELC.talents sure to make the team in the next couple of years, as well as shedding a guy to the expansion draft (one can only pray Okposo, but even of a 1 to 3 million dollar player) it appears that puts us in excellent position to eat some healthy cap on Risto to significantly better the return.

My personal preference is Rakell, Anaheim I think would be extremely interested in Risto at 2.4 million, just an example both player and number mind you, but my point is, if we're willing to eat cap, and have the room to do so, that return should improve, no?

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I wasn't th8nking merely Calgary. I'm thinking league wide.

I mean, think about it for a moment, and correct me if my thoughts are skewed, but we have Reinhart and Dahlin in that 3 yr window (Risto's remaining yrs on contract). This season Botts can move more than just Risto to shed a bit of cap, say, Scandella and Sobotka + one of our many line 3/4 players, no?

And if that is true, combined with a few of the ELC.talents sure to make the team in the next couple of years, as well as shedding a guy to the expansion draft (one can only pray Okposo, but even of a 1 to 3 million dollar player) it appears that puts us in excellent position to eat some healthy cap on Risto to significantly better the return.

My personal preference is Rakell, Anaheim I think would be extremely interested in Risto at 2.4 million, just an example both player and number mind you, but my point is, if we're willing to eat cap, and have the room to do so, that return should improve, no?

Really can't see any way to get Seattle to take Okposo short of giving them a 1st or equivalent.  A D-man is almost definitely going out the door to the over drizzly over caffenated city.

Using the compliance buyout on him will be a much better way to get out of Murray's last remaining bad contract.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really can't see any way to get Seattle to take Okposo short of giving them a 1st or equivalent.  A D-man is almost definitely going out the door to the over drizzly over caffenated city.

Using the compliance buyout on him will be a much better way to get out of Murray's last remaining bad contract.

Yea, that was my thought, package a 1st with him. Wasn't sure if the compliance buyouts were running this time.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Yea, that was my thought, package a 1st with him. Wasn't sure if the compliance buyouts were running this time.

It's not official that there'll be compliance buyouts, but they were available coming out of the last 2 lockouts.  Pretty sure it's a safe bet they'll be available again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

It's not official that there'll be compliance buyouts, but they were available coming out of the last 2 lockouts.  Pretty sure it's a safe bet they'll be available again.

Okposo is going to be delicate. He is extremely respected, a free agent who wanted to come here and all that compounded by the what he went through with the concussions.

He is more likely a candidate for the Nathan Horton treatment.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, tom webster said:

Okposo is going to be delicate. He is extremely respected, a free agent who wanted to come here and all that compounded by the what he went through with the concussions.

He is more likely a candidate for the Nathan Horton treatment.

Only if he's willing to go that route.  And if he were willing to go that way, he already has that opportunity due to the concussions / incident that had him in the NICU.

Unless the recovery from his injuries was / is a 2 year process, he'll never be the player he was signed to be.  And every time he takes a bad hit, there is the fear that this is the 1 that will alter his life permamently.

LaFontaine took a long time to recover from running into his Rag teammate.  Really don't want to see Okposo follow that path.

Going the route of the buyout before the Seattle draft gives him 2 more seasons to show he can (or can't) come back and by then he might be willing to accept the writing that is on the wall.  (Assuming he remains healthy enough to play by then.)

And this management showed they can gracefully show a respected vet the door when he has to be shown it with the Moulson saga.  I expect they'll have Kyle on board / work with him when that time comes.

Either Botterill's squeezed information so tight to the vest his balls fell off or no ones offering up a decent return. It would be humorous if Botterill's balls did drop during a presser about how the market wasn't there, the fax machine was unplugged or some other obscure excuse come early October. Just fell right off and sounded like empty tin cans when they hit the floor ?

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am about to trade an old steel fouton frame for more space in our basement.

It's no rumour ... it's at the curb right now.

<E4>.  Pics or it didn't happen.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.