Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

On 8/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, Randall Flagg said:

Sure, it doesn't matter to the Sabres, but I think it matters to Mitts. Maybe he developed, I just didn't see it happen, and so I worry a bit. Because a guy like Asplund shows how much a young player is capable of developing in-season. 

I think there is a difference there.  I feel like Asplund is way ahead of Mittelstadt in terms of physical development.  Once Asplund adjusted to the AHL game he was able to compete against men, take on more responsibility and really showcase that growth that we saw in the 2nd half.  Mittelstadt, I feel like, really needs a couple years in a pro training environment to build up his strength.  Until that happens I don’t think he is going to be able to really “break out”, or fully showcase his skills.  Last season we saw flashes of the skills, we often saw what he was trying to do, but he often looked like a boy amongst men to me.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Islanders new arena will be completed in 2021 just as Marner enters his prime.  Smart move to build excitement and sell PSL's to STH's.  They'll be able to afford him.  And if the cap goes up in the next few years, it's just icing on the cake.

Edited by Tondas

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Welp, there goes his trade value if he had any

He's under contract. Don't think this should effect his value for other teams desiring to trade for him. It certainly would effect the Sabres position on whether to trade him or not. This only confirms what many felt his feelings were anyway. Frankly I don't believe his value is what many here think it is. So get ready to be disappointed but don't think Risto saying this means much.

Edited by Radar

I'd like him to move on as well. Not that he was the core problem these past 3 seasons or so, but, in my opinion, he was a contributing factor. He made a great deal of terrible defensive zone mistakes. Lost possession of pucks, unwilling or unable to properly cover or clear the front of the net, bad breakout passes, a whole hell of a lot of poor offensive zone board play including but not limited to poorly timed pinches, inability to keep the puck in the zone, losing possession of the puck in battles at or near the O zone blueline and a few cases, just poor positioning where he get's caught behind the transition of play back up ice to the D zone.

Just my take on it, but, yea, he needs to go. Botterill, make it so...……………………..please.

15 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This stuff drives me crazy. Never once has he actually said he wants out of Buffalo or that he wants to move on.

This is all clickbait driven bs brought about by Paul “Grima Wormtongue” Hamilton’s locker clean out question/statement.

He said he was disappointed with Buffalo. He ***** better be. I know I am, as well as everyone else.

• Like (+1) 5

18 hours ago, Tondas said:

Islanders new arena will be completed in 2021 just as Marner enters his prime.  Smart move to build excitement and sell PSL's to STH's.  They'll be able to afford him.  And if the cap goes up in the next few years, it's just icing on the cake.

They only have 8 million in cap space...with all the UFA they resigned, who do they get rid of?

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

This stuff drives me crazy. Never once has he actually said he wants out of Buffalo or that he wants to move on.

This is all clickbait driven bs brought about by Paul “Grima Wormtongue” Hamilton’s locker clean out question/statement.

He said he was disappointed with Buffalo. He ***** better be. I know I am, as well as everyone else.

It doesn't matter what he actually says. It will be "Risto demanded a trade" to the common NHL fan by December, and that will never change again. 

Also holy hell I hope that offer sheet happens

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.