Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'd surmise if they don't make the playoffs, he is gone. Hell, Murray got less time. Pegula's I am sure after 8 years are very short on patience just to make the playoffs. Just a suspicion.

You may be right.  That's what makes this board fun. 

I think if the Sabres miss the playoffs, Pegula will rely on the ol' "continuity is a good thing" mantra and give JBOT another year because Pegula will still have no idea how to fix it.  I think it's a moot point because I do believe that the Sabres will make progress this year (but probably not the playoffs).  That will give Pegula cover to keep JBOT on for another year.  Personally, I like JBOT and think he just needs more time.   If it was easy, every team would win the Stanley Cup every year.?

Edited by Tondas

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'd surmise if they don't make the playoffs, he is gone. Hell, Murray got less time. Pegula's I am sure after 8 years are very short on patience just to make the playoffs. Just a suspicion.

Murray got 3 full years, more than Botterill has had so far.  Also, I think it was pretty clear that his firing was less a result of the team’s on ice performance and more a result of the general dysfunction of the organization that he had constructed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Murray got 3 full years, more than Botterill has had so far.  Also, I think it was pretty clear that his firing was less a result of the team’s on ice performance and more a result of the general dysfunction of the organization that he had constructed.

And his especially colorful language, some allegedly directed at Kim.

• Like (+1) 1

What happens if Nashville buys out Turris?  I’d sign him the next day for the same contract we gave Johansson. I’d then trade Risto for the best deal possible, whether it’s futures or Ehlers or a combo of players and picks/prospects.  Maybe even an upgrade in goal? 

What would the Sabres look like with Turris signed and Risto traded for Ehlers?  

Jeff Jack Ehlers

Johansson Turris Reinhart

Vesey Mitts Olofsson

Erod Larsson KO

3 of Sheary, Wilson, Sobotka, Girgensons would need to be traded, bought out or demoted.  I’d keep Girgensons.  Trade Sheary, Buyout Sobotka and demote Wilson.

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What happens if Nashville buys out Turris?  I’d sign him the next day for the same contract we gave Johansson. I’d then trade Risto for the best deal possible, whether it’s futures or Ehlers or a combo of players and picks/prospects.  Maybe even an upgrade in goal? 

What would the Sabres look like with Turris signed and Risto traded for Ehlers?  

Jeff Jack Ehlers

Johansson Turris Reinhart

Vesey Mitts Olofsson

Erod Larsson KO

3 of Sheary, Wilson, Sobotka, Girgensons would need to be traded, bought out or demoted.  I’d keep Girgensons.  Trade Sheary, Buyout Sobotka and demote Wilson.

Should Turris be able to be signed for a reasonable deals, would absolutely be interested.  But don't want him at his current deal and really not terribly interested in having Nashville keep 1/2 of the salary.

In 3 seasons, even the $3MM that would cost would be bringing in poor value.  Years 4&5 would be problematic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I’d be all over Turris in the above situation.

Is there some suggestion a buyout is looming? 

I wasn’t aware they had another window.

Don’t think they do, they had no arbitration hearings. 

I think it has to hurt Risto's value.  I think Risto is better than Shattenkirk but now a team will not have to give up an asset to acquire him (only cash and cap).  And since Shattenkirk will be getting paid about $1.5 million from the Rangers, whatever team that signs him MAY get him at a discount.

Edited by Tondas
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't think Shattenkirk hurts Risto's value that much. Shatts has an injury history that is going to make teams wary. I can't believe he's only 30. He'll be cheap, but will he be worth it? 

Can't disagree.  I can see his name being thrown into Risto trade negotiations to try to get JBOT to agree to a lesser prospect though.

• Like (+1) 1

The reason that Shattenkirk shouldn’t affect Risto is the same reason few of the others have: he’s too soft.

Risto puts up 40 points while being a total dick on the ice.

Mock them all you want, NHL GMs care about such things

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The reason that Shattenkirk shouldn’t affect Risto is the same reason few of the others have: he’s too soft.

Maybe they should add the "dick on the ice" factor to the annual NHL Combine.  The WonderDick test.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I guess that means GMs are “people” too.  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.