Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Curt said:

Yes, but you have to look at what he did at ES, not just totals.  He spent the season on either Mitts or Larsson’s wing, as well as a good amount of time on the top PP unit.  

At ES he had only 7 goals and 11 assists.

35 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:
  1. There, fixed it for you.

No, my original statement was 100% correct.  

Kyle Okposo has 7 goals, 11 assists, 18 pts at even strength during the 2018-19 season.

Kyle Okposo had 7 goals, 4 assists, 11 pts on the PP during the 2018-19 season

2 hours ago, Curt said:

No, my original statement was 100% correct.  

Kyle Okposo has 7 goals, 11 assists, 18 pts at even strength during the 2018-19 season.

Kyle Okposo had 7 goals, 4 assists, 11 pts on the PP during the 2018-19 season

I stand corrected and apologize my good man.

Edit: I also corrected my post.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Rodriguez signing puts Buffalo close to the cap. With the McCabe arbitration case coming up on the 4th, my gut tells me Botterill is going to make a move to clear a bit of cap, most likely a guy like Sobotka, just a hunch.

Sobotka and Risto are playing catch with tractor tires. Watch out for him this fall!

Just kidding, I hope some Euro team takes him. Terry should buy an ownership stake in a Switzerland team and offer Sobotka the same contract to play there.

• Haha (+1) 1

Risto's about to be dealt I'd surmise.

MTV is a reputable Finnish source, the info almost always comes from the players camp in this Finnish publication.

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/suomalaistahti-rasmus-ristolainen-vaihtaa-seuraa-nhl-ssa/7493272#gs.sa5a0k

Basically stating there is a trade either built or being built around Risto. That Risto's camp almost certainly gave this info, that means Botterill has most definitely spoke to Risto on it given JBots tight lips imho.

Edited by Scottysabres

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Risto's about to be dealt I'd surmise.

MTV is a reputable Finnish source, the info almost always comes from the players camp in this Finnish publication.

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/suomalaistahti-rasmus-ristolainen-vaihtaa-seuraa-nhl-ssa/7493272#gs.sa5a0k

Interesting.

That said, the article is fairly non-specific.

• Like (+1) 1

Finnish posters on another board are saying the source is legitimate; they aren’t rumourmongers and they know hockey.

One says the report means roughly:

Risto won't be a Sabre next season

- Trade is in the works

- Rumors have been swirling around but now it's finally happening

I guess this means the ERod contract was the clincher. ?

ERod and Risto for Kyle Turris and Eli Tolvanen. ?

Risto is as good as gone.  But I do believe that the Pegula's see this Sabres year just like last year's Bills year.  Live with some bad contracts (or dead money), clean out the system, hope to overachieve,  and hit free agency hard the following summer.  Next year is THE year for the Sabres just like this year is THE year for the Bills.

Edited by Tondas

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Interesting.

That said, the article is fairly non-specific.

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Finnish posters on another board are saying the source is legitimate; they aren’t rumourmongers and they know hockey.

One says the report means roughly:

Risto won't be a Sabre next season

- Trade is in the works

- Rumors have been swirling around but now it's finally happening

I guess this means the ERod contract was the clincher. ?

ERod and Risto for Kyle Turris and Eli Tolvanen. ?

Timo Kunnari broke the Tovanen to Jokerit story in Finland, he is heavily connected to Finnish hockey players, both in their leagues and leagues around the world. It wouldn't be posted if he didn't know something for sure, and definitely from the Risto camp as most of his writings according to Finnish hockey fans say it comes from the players camp. That tells me Botterill has spoken to Risto, something is about to happen, imo.

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Risto is as good as gone.  But I do believe that the Pegula's see this Sabres year just like last year's Bills year.  Live with some bad contracts (or dead money), clean out the system, hope to overachieve,  and hit free agency hard the following summer.  Next year is THE year for the Sabres just like this year is THE year for the Bills.

I don't believe this. Not with how many years have now been gone by with this culture. When Pegula said it was time to start winning, he's not referring to a few more games. No, I believe the goal is the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Timo Kunnari broke the Tovanen to Jokerit story in Finland, he is heavily connected to Finnish hockey players, both in their leagues and leagues around the world. It wouldn't be posted if he didn't know something for sure, and definitely from the Risto camp as most of his writings according to Finnish hockey fans say it comes from the players camp. That tells me Botterill has spoken to Risto, something is about to happen, imo.

Thanks for the info and I agree.  JBOT just waiting for the other arbitration cases to end before he pulls the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't believe this. Not with how many years have now been gone by with this culture. When Pegula said it was time to start winning, he's not referring to a few more games. No, I believe the goal is the playoffs.

Exactly what McDermottt and Beane said last season.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I though McCabe would be traded out with Risto in a package, but if he goes through arbitration I thought we couldn’t trade him then?

You can trade a guy after arbitration. You’re probably thinking of offer sheets.

And I’m struggling to remember the last time two veteran defencemen were traded together in a package. It might have happened, but I don’t remember it.

47 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why would any info on a pending trade came out of Ristolainen’s camp? If they’re making noise, I’d think it’s more likely to be an attempt to influence the situation. 

That is my take as well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, shrader said:

Why would any info on a pending trade came out of Ristolainen’s camp? If they’re making noise, I’d think it’s more likely to be an attempt to influence the situation. 

14 hours ago, Weave said:

That is my take as well.

Doesn't most trade talk originate from player agents? That's always been my impression anyway. 

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Was kinda hoping for a good Risto trade today and some major Sabrespace action.

I keep checking in half expecting to see Brawdo starting a thread with trade details.  We continue to wait.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.