Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

We aren't.  That ship sailed when we signed Johansson.

If we sign a player like Gardiner then I bet we trade out Bogosian/Scandella/Hunwick/Nelson for scraps to some other team who has room though and wants the vet 3rd pairing.

I think Nelson is the kind of cheap RHD dept you keep around.    Bogo is injured and I doubt you can trade him.    Scandella Is gone though.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, sabills said:

Man how big a disappointment was Scandella. I loved that move at the time. He turned out to be absolutely nothing.

I think he helped stabilize the D in his first year and a half. 

He seems to be shell shocked now and lacking confidence. If he hasn't recovered from last season he is not worth much. His hometown of Montreal may give the Sabres a late pick for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I expect Scandella to bounce back fully this year and be the useful 2nd pairing guy he has been for most of his career.

I think he was having personal issues last year that affected his game, and Housley’s overuse and misplaced faith in him exacerbated that.

After a summer to refocus, he will come to camp ready to cash in in his UFA status. Krueger might help as well, if Marco is still in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Per Jeff Hamilton, a reporter in Winnipeg was on WGR this AM. He mentioned Laine and Connor are a package deal as one will probably not sign for less than other. 

He talked about possible targets for the Sabres in trade. He did mention EHLERS! But also mentioned he is more comfortable playing LW rather compared to RW. 

He also mentioned that Jack Roslovic and  Mathieu Perreault as targets. Particularly that Roslovic can play Center or RW, but has not been able to break into a Permanent Top 6 Role due to the Jets Top 6 Talent. 

Edited by Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Per Jeff Hamilton, a reporter in Winnipeg was on WGR this AM. He mentioned Laine and Connor are a package deal as one will probably not sign for less than other. 

He talked about possible targets for the Sabres in trade. He did mention EHLERS! But also mentioned he is more comfortable playing LW rather compared to RW. 

He also mentioned that Jack Roslovic and  Mathieu Perreault as targets. Particularly that Roslovic can play Center or RW, but has not been able to break into a Permanent Top 6 Role due to the Jets Top 6 Talent. 

I admit I’m only looking at stats, because I’m not too familiar with Roslovic, but how is he any better than Mitts? They had equal points last years and I expect Mitts to have improved. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I admit I’m only looking at stats, because I’m not too familiar with Roslovic, but how is he any better than Mitts? They had equal points last years and I expect Mitts to have improved. 

Roslovic played just 9:45 per game, 0:36 on the PP.  Mittelstadt played 13:27, 1:45 on the PP.  So he equaled Mitts’ production while getting only about 70% of the ice time and 33% of the PP time.

Beyond that, I don’t know any more than you.

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Curt said:

Roslovic played just 9:45 per game, 0:36 on the PP.  Mittelstadt played 13:27, 1:45 on the PP.  So he equaled Mitts’ production while getting only about 70% of the ice time and 33% of the PP time.

Beyond that, I don’t know any more than you.

He was also 2 years older than Casey.

10 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Krickets chirping............

July 20th ... salary arbitration hearings begin.

August 4th ... salary arbitration hearings end.

Until teams know what’s going on with this ... there will be less movement than some fans want. Not just the Sabres. I didn’t say no movement ... just less.

Edited by Zamboni

9 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Krickets chirping............

2 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Did Jbot loose his fax machine or something? ?

Well 2 posts, 10 words, 20% spelled wrong. 

I'm not sure if the kids will get the 25 year old Mike Zigomanis fax machine joke. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

Did Jbot loose his fax machine or something? ?

I imagine most GMs are in mid summer mode, phones on but vacationing somewhere on the water. Dum bass must be on an Artic cruise considering all the heat from the Marner scenario.

The odd signing activity may happen but trades probably won't pick up for 3 weeks or so.

34 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well 2 posts, 10 words, 20% spelled wrong. 

I'm not sure if the kids will get the 25 year old Mike Zigomanis fax machine joke. 

Wel yuu jist  donte no were I wend too hi skool.?  In my defense I hadn't had my cup of coffee yet when I wrote that. ?

I'd trade Roslo for Casey....might even throw in a 3rd?

Roslo will produce if given the time and line mates.

Hard to produce on the 4th line seeing 10 minutes a game.

Not sure where Ehlers is more comfortable but he played RW in junior.

I can't believe the Oilers made a trade that doesn't look VERY bad.

Lucic (750k retained) plus a 3m bonus paid for this season and a conditional 3rd for Neal.

Good move by Holland.

Edited by Ducky

55 minutes ago, Ducky said:

No thank you unless you mean Casey Nelson.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

No. Mittelstadt would, easily, be the Jets best long-term option at 2C, a position they are most in need (See - the previous 2 deadline deals). They'd need to add a lot more than a 3rd to Roslovic (who I like) to get that deal done. 

They had similar production last year, but Mittelstadt is 2 years younger and their ceilings aren't comparable. 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

No. Mittelstadt would, easily, be the Jets best long-term option at 2C, a position they are most in need (See - the previous 2 deadline deals). They'd need to add a lot more than a 3rd to Roslovic (who I like) to get that deal done. 

They had similar production last year, but Mittelstadt is 2 years younger and their ceilings aren't comparable. 

I'm feeling generous...take away the 3rd and replace with Perreault.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.