Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 hours ago, shrader said:

But does Ken Holland?  They've hit the reset button there and who knows what kind of deals they could make now.  High profile GM changes always bring on strange unexpected events.  Just look at the comparison of Edmonton Glen Sather to NYR Glen Sather.

Is Holland still a very good GM? I dunno, Detroit hasn't been good for 5 years. Also like you said, big changes can bring on unexpected events. A lot of times, these guys want to shake up things right away, especially when there's a losing culture like the Oilers have. Notice how Botts has traded almost every big Tim Murray draft pick and acquisition? And RNH for Risto isn't a fleecing by any stretch. It's a pretty fair deal. 

1 minute ago, Weave said:

They make my point perfectly.  No need to throw away multiple seasons to acquire any of them, not even initially.

Just now, WildCard said:

We've been down this road so many times

Yea, I'm really not interested in relitigating this. I thought your point was that since the individual impact is less that it's not worth getting them, not that tanking to get them isn't worth it. We will never in a million years see eye to eye on that, so moving on. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eddiegoofball said:

Is Holland still a very good GM? I dunno, Detroit hasn't been good for 5 years. Also like you said, big changes can bring on unexpected events. A lot of times, these guys want to shake up things right away, especially when there's a losing culture like the Oilers have. Notice how Botts has traded almost every big Tim Murray draft pick and acquisition? And RNH for Risto isn't a fleecing by any stretch. It's a pretty fair deal. 

That all depends on how you view Risto.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

*waited too long to set the hook*

See PA, it doesn't have to be evil.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:49 PM, Ducky said:

I took a buddy out for catfish on Saturday that hadn't caught one before. This is a 29 incher but he caught a 33 and 3/4 incher later. It got out of his hands before I could get a picture of it. We caught about 18 catfish that night with just over half being under 20 in.

tmp_6630-20190706_2107391650883316194424303.jpg

Look what you caught though..

10 hours ago, Eddiegoofball said:

I know Tampa is the sexy thought of where to send Risto since they have a ton of talented forwards and with our abundance of LW I have to wonder if Botts makes a blockbuster trade instead of a one for one, but the thought of Risto for Nugent-Hopkins just seems to work. They make nearly the same, RNH isn't that much older than Risto, and he'd be a perfect 2C for us and allow Casey to be the 3C he needs to be right now. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the moves.

Yup get RNH and then Hall in offseason ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Now that would be something... especially with Cozens coming probably next year... or can percolate for another year in say the A

We can do it, we got 29 mill in capspace next season, more if we can dump Okposo.

Samson 8 mill

RNH 6 mill

Hall 8 mill 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.