Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is Vancouver less likely of a trade partner now that they've signed Myers? They have Myers, Tanev, Stecher down the right side. Obviously not ideal, but Risto doesn't make it better in a meaningful way (he's not going to drag their defense from not-playoff-caliber to playoff-caliber by himself)

They probably aren't trading for Risto ?

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

But Okposo is better at hockey AND, to my eye, plays a more physical brand of hockey. 

Lucic had a whopping two fights last year. Okposo had one.

Are you sure you know what you're getting bringing in Milan?

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How would it impact the Sabres?

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Lucic is beyond washed up and anyone who would allow him on this team should be fired into the sun.

I gather that we're all in agreement then. ?

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is Vancouver less likely of a trade partner now that they've signed Myers? They have Myers, Tanev, Stecher down the right side. Obviously not ideal, but Risto doesn't make it better in a meaningful way (he's not going to drag their defense from not-playoff-caliber to playoff-caliber by himself)

It's just a matter of if they figure their defense needs size and snarl. Because none of those guys plays a rough game.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They probably aren't trading for Risto ?

True. Thus adding Reinhart and + extra stuff. But they're also not sold on Tanev. They had the chance to lock him up, but didn't. He's a bridge and not elite. Like Myers and like Ristolainen. But you have all three of them and they've got what we've got --- three 2nd pairing guys to play the entire game.

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I believe Boeser and Horvat are players you build around, I don't believe Vancouver is going to move them.

I build around them, too. That's why I can give them a bunch to get them.

All this is just to look for a flawed team and do a massive swap. But it's all true... Vancouver doesn't look like the team this time around. But which franchise.... (I just wanted to avoid the obvious of Winnipeg, Anaheim, and Vegas, but rather look for a player I would want on a top line.)

22 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Good, they were a terrible trade partner anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

Y'all ready for this one...getting benning his big snarly defensemen

Risto + McCabe + Mittelstadt  for Horvat + Boeser
then 
some bullshi for Brodin or someone, pick on Fenton a bit 

Skinner - Eichel - Boeser
Johansson - Horvat - Reinhart
Olofsson - Rodrigues - Vesey 
Zemgus - Larry - KO 

Dahlin - Montour
Brodin - Miller
Bogosian - Jokiharju
Pilut - Nelson

Vancouver would love to add Risto and they would be happy to unload Tanev for a player that helps them.

They wouldn’t sacrifice Horvat to do it, so you would be looking at some mix of players including Tanev Gaudette Virtanen and Brandon Sutter. In other words players we wouldn’t sacrifice Risto for.

They do have JT Miller now, if you think they’d want to spin him off a few weeks after sacrificing a first for him.

But seriously, if Botts hits one last triple or home run, and gets us a 2C that I like...y'all will see a side of me that has never been able to post here, one that is legitimately, to the core, excited about the roster structure for the coming season

Imagine my eight personality and mental disorders that contribute to my obsessive and erratic posting style being used for good

(and excitement and genuine optimism)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

But seriously, if Botts hits one last triple or home run, and gets us a 2C that I like...y'all will see a side of me that has never been able to post here, one that is legitimately, to the core, excited about the roster structure for the coming season

Imagine my eight personality and mental disorders that contribute to my obsessive and erratic posting style being used for good

Wasn't sure how best to react really wanted to do two... the awesome one as well as the laugh...

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Damn, finally a good reason to cheer for Botterill. ?

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

So what was that Risto to Florida rumor again?

Risto+McCabe+Erod for Huberdeau+Hoffman?  I didn’t want to give up on Erod, but with the new depth I could make do if that’s what it took to land Huberdeau. 

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Risto, McCabe, + whatever it takes for Trocheck and Hoffman

replace Horvat with Trocheck and Boeser with Hoffman

Florida isn’t going to trade either Hubie or Trochek.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dahlin, Eichel, + for Matthews, Marner

Zemgus - Matthews - Marner
Skinner - Mitts - Reinhart
Johansson - Rodrigues - Okposo
the rest

Ultimately Buffalo says no. The difference between Dahlin and Marner is greater than Matthews and Eichel IMO

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I made a claim that I could pry any player from any team - that doesn't get done by making sure the trade value bar on NHL 20 is perfectly even!

Just noticed the +! No chance! If Botterill called Dubas and offered him Dahlin for Marner straight up, Dahlin would be in a Leafs jersey before Botterill finished his second sentence. 

If Dubas called Botterill and offered him Matthews for Jack, Botterill would at least think about it first. 

But yes you could pry Matthews and Marner in your scenario, certainly, if Botterill was so inclined ?

Edited by Thorny

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

Just noticed the +! No chance! If Botterill called Dubas and offered him Dahlin for Marner straight up, Dahlin would be in a Leafs jersey before Botterill finished his second sentence. 

If Dubas called Botterill and offered him Matthews for Jack, Botterill would at least think about it first. 

But yes you could pry Matthews and Marner in your scenario, certainly, if Botterill was so inclined ?

Bold claims require bold action lol

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

The Florida talk got me thinking of Trochek. There’s an ideal player for us.

Isn’t all that Florida stuff predicated on them signing Marner?

If we managed Risto for Trochek, I'd never mention that ROR trade again (though I promise to continue telling everyone how bad Thompson is until he isn't). That would be perfect

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Y'all ready for this one...getting benning his big snarly defensemen

Risto + McCabe + Mittelstadt  for Horvat + Boeser
then 
some bullshi for Brodin or someone, pick on Fenton a bit 

Skinner - Eichel - Boeser
Johansson - Horvat - Reinhart
Olofsson - Rodrigues - Vesey 
Zemgus - Larry - KO 

Dahlin - Montour
Brodin - Miller
Bogosian - Jokiharju
Pilut - Nelson

At this point, I’m becoming less and less interested in shipping out the said snarly defenseman. We need snarl, can’t be subtracting it. We have collected enough decent defensemen to allow Risto to be more sheltered and thrive. Our D being good won’t depend on him. This alone will lift our play. We have also acquired some middle-6 talent to bolster our offense. On paper, I think we are a much better team than last year, plus we have Krueger. Having Risto on our team right now is far from a problem and I would trade him unless a king’s ransom was paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

sorry if it's been mentioned already, but ryan kennedy on siriusXM ch. 91 said this morning that MTL took the aho offer to b-point first, and he wasn't interested. didn't know if it was term or the $$, but he added that point was interested in working something out with TB, so...boo.  don't know much about cirelli's ability outside of straight scoring stats, but i love point's game, and think he's the perfect 2C for buffalo at this...point.  bummer.

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ultimately Buffalo says no. The difference between Dahlin and Marner is greater than Matthews and Eichel IMO

Yeah, the value of a #1 defenseman is much greater than a winger, almost no matter how good they are. Plus Dahlin is still cheap for a few more years and Marner is getting MIIMUM 10.5+. Eichel/Matthews is a tossup; even if you think Matthews is better he's not THAT much better to make up the difference.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.