Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

If i were a GM i wouldnt pay him 8 million for 2 years either to be fair unless i had capspace deluxe and already a good setup of players, looking at his production of points in khl, olympics, world championship etc states that he is skilled, that still doesnt confirm he would make it in NHL, Vegas also failed with Vadim Shipachyov that failed and moved back to Russia, his stats vere pretty good to.

His prise is 5 m/year. Not more. Anyway we need only 2C.

26 minutes ago, Berg said:

His prise is 5 m/year. Not more. Anyway we need only 2C.

He wants 4 million per year

Translated it states, ish, 

Gusev wants around 8M for 2 years, Vegas, consider, offers 4M (the ceiling presses even after unloading). Columbus, Detroit and San Jose should be thoughtful

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Berg said:

So..than we can take him?

Hah, well for 2 mill per year yes ? He still hasnt played 1 minute of NHL which makes 8 million of capspace pretty darn much to be fair.
Dont you think 4 is a bit to much? 1 year 4 mill maybe, 2 year no. But then he would become UFA i think, which would suck if he would to be as @jad1 said, Panarin Jr.

11 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hah, well for 2 mill per year yes ? He still hasnt played 1 minute of NHL which makes 8 million of capspace pretty darn much to be fair.
Dont you think 4 is a bit to much? 1 year 4 mill maybe, 2 year no. But then he would become UFA i think, which would suck if he would to be as @jad1 said, Panarin Jr.

3.75  $ per year for 2 years contract. Its not bad for such player with skill and ability to score. I dont know who will take him, but it's a good choice

This is what I have for Gusev's draft year in 2018-2019:

1 TAYLOR HALL NHL 3947
2 ARTEMI PANARIN NHL 3172
3 TYLER SEGUIN NHL 2498
4 MARK STONE NHL 2354
5 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 2328
6 VLADIMIR TARASENKO NHL 2176
7 YEVGENI KUZNETSOV NHL 2122
8 KEVIN HAYES NHL 2108
9 NINO NIEDERREITER NHL 2053
10 RYAN JOHANSEN NHL 2048

That said, I don't think too much about how 27 year olds in the KHL value vs NHL players. So better, we'll look at each age group for KHL forwards only. This is the last 15 years for 22 year old KHL forwards:

1 ARTEMI PANARIN KHL 2648
2 ANATOLI GOLYSHEV KHL 2096
3 SERGEI SHIROKOV KHL 1647
4 JORI LEHTERÄ KHL 1391
5 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 1379
6 NIKOLAI LEMTYUGOV KHL 1193
7 VALERI NICHUSHKIN KHL 1076
8 LINUS OMARK KHL 1025

23 year old KHL forwards, last 15 years:

Gusev was traded during the season, so one part was 4th, the other was 15th

1 JORI LEHTERÄ KHL 2270
2 JAKUB VORACEK KHL 1687
3 MAXIM SHALUNOV KHL
4 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 1646

24 year old KHL forwards, last 15 years:

1 NICKLAS BÄCKSTRÖM KHL 2316
2 ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV KHL 2010
3 JORI LEHTERÄ KHL 1946
4 MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO KHL 1872
5 ARTYOM ANISIMOV KHL 1772
6 DMITRI KUGRYSHEV KHL 1766
7 NIKOLAI PROKHORKIN KHL 1540
8 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 1535

25 year old KHL forwards, last 15 years:

1 SERGEI KOSTITSYN KHL 2281
2 JORI LEHTERÄ KHL 2017
3 SERGEI SHIROKOV KHL 1596
4 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 1470

26 year old KHL forwards, last 15 years
1 NIKITA GUSEV KHL 2328
2 BRANDON KOZUN KHL 1671
3 JUSTIN AZEVEDO KHL 1517
4 DAVID ULLSTRÖM KHL 1514
5 LINDEN VEY KHL 1456

I think this give you an idea of where Gusev fits into KHL hockey players. Me? I'd sign him for 2 years 4 million per year.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The problem with Gusev is we would need to acquire at least one other Russian. For whatever reason, Russians travel in groups in the NHL. They all strangely go to teams with other Russians.

To have someone to drink in your free time??

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's not verified and says he interns at TSN, so take it with a grain of salt of course

I like Gardiner a lot, but that back injury scares me with any kind of term. On the flip side, if he comes here, we may as well display a fluorescent "for sale" sign on Risto, Bogo, and Nelson. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I like Gardiner a lot, but that back injury scares me with any kind of term. On the flip side, if he comes here, we may as well display a fluorescent "for sale" sign on Risto, Bogo, and Nelson. 

He's a left handed shot though?

I think Risto already has that sign all over him. There's just no way Montour-Miller-Risto are our RHD going into the season with the gaps we have in our top 6, and only one of those guys wasn't acquired by Botterill 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's a left handed shot though?

I think Risto already has that sign all over him. There's just no way Montour-Miller-Risto are our RHD going into the season with the gaps we have in our top 6, and only one of those guys wasn't acquired by Botterill 

Wow am I dumb. 

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's not verified and says he interns at TSN, so take it with a grain of salt of course

Well, that would give the Sabres:

Gardiner - Montour

Dahlin - Miller

McCabe - Ristolainen

and the Amerks:

Pilut - Bogosian

Scandella - Nelson

Hunwick - Borgen

Redmond and Gilmour'll look great in Cincy. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

The strategy must be to not give up any goals when lines 2,3,4 are on the ice. You do this by playing all defensive players.  You turn line 1 into the full offense power line and score when they are out.

I'm not going to use the GIF here, but it is a bold strategy. ?

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, that would give the Sabres:

Gardiner - Montour

Dahlin - Miller

McCabe - Ristolainen

and the Amerks:

Pilut - Bogosian

Scandella - Nelson

Hunwick - Borgen

Redmond and Gilmour'll look great in Cincy. ?

I'd love to see what a guy who scored like Redmond did last year would put up in the ECHL.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Less physically gifted version of Risto.  Puts up some points on O, makes some terrible mistakes in his own end.  Would make us better and it would be fun to see him stick it to the leafs fans but he is far from a perfect player.

Edited by Stu
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stu said:

Less physically gifted version of Risto.  Puts up some points on O, makes some terrible mistakes in his own end.  Would make us better and it would be fun to see him stick it to the leafs fans.

Why would the Sabres want that when they already have the "better" version of...that?

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Less physically gifted version of Risto.  Puts up some points on O, makes some terrible mistakes in his own end.  Would make us better and it would be fun to see him stick it to the leafs fans but he is far from a perfect player.

This isn't even remotely accurate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.