Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, WildCard said:

Realistically, who is left that needs Risto + in return for a possible top 6 forward?

I was actually just giving this some thought. Here's where I'm at.

St. Louis - They have a bunch of RFAs they need to qualify. Risto for Schenn and a pick/prospect. Schenn is about the same salary and has one year left on his deal. St. Louis gives us a pick because Risto has term whereas Schenn is basically a rental. He's a good stop-gap 2nd line center. Maybe the return is higher if we also take another cap dump. It could also be Risto for Perron depending on the NTC.

Vegas - I'm not sure on this one, mostly because I think Risto is too clumsy for Vegas' style of play. I think they might honestly want someone with more "jump", but they need D and Stastny would be a good return for us.

Anaheim - They need D and they have a TON of forwards. They aren't in cap trouble this year, but they will be next year, so they might want to move some money this year so they can handle their RFAs next year.

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't get the infatuation with this guy honestly 

‘infatuation”?  He is a very talented player.  However I don’t think anyone is infatuated, we are all just looking for a solid talent that can fill the gap while Mitts matures.  Johansson can play center or winger, and once Casey matures he can play top 9 wing or 3rd line center.  He is exactly the type of player this roster needs for 3 years.

By the way, anyone think Nashville will trade Granlund now that they’ve signed Duchene?  I’d even take Craig Smith off their hands for a 4th round pick.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

47 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Realistically, who is left that needs Risto + in return for a possible top 6 forward?

Winnipeg for sure needs D.  Lost Trouba and Myers.  Has interesting F’s and needs cap relief.  That’s my #1 target.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

‘infatuation”?  He is a very talented player.  However I don’t think anyone is infatuated, we are all just looking for a solid talent that can fill the gap while Mitts matures.  Johansson can play center or winger, and once Casey matures he can play top 9 wing or 3rd line center.  He is exactly the type of player this roster needs for 3 years.

By the way, anyone think Nashville will trade Granlund now that they’ve signed Duchene?  I’d even take Craig Smith off their hands for a 4th round pick.

He's talked about a lot on here. I get he's not ideal but I don't get the love for him. Now, I do understand people don't wanna date him ?

He's hurt a ton, wants 5 years, and puts up meh numbers. 

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Winnipeg for sure needs D.  Lost Trouba and Myers.  Has interesting F’s and needs cap relief.  That’s my #1 target.

I would love to get Ehlers. Doesn't help our 2C but who knows what Casey can be and sometimes you gotta take the best talent you can get

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

He's talked about a lot on here. I get he's not ideal but I don't get the love for him. Now, I do understand people don't wanna date him ?

He isn’t getting 5 years.  His injury history says 3 years max.  However, when healthy he is a 45-55 pts guy on a team where he doesn’t have to carry the offensive load.  That’s us in a nutshell.  He’ll be a firm no. 2 to start next season and I think he’ll thrive there with Reinhart.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'd much rather trade for Gusev and give him the $4Mx2 he's reportedly looking for than sign Johansson for $5Mx5 or whatever. 

I just dont know Gusev and Johansson on his game is special minus injuries and that is a concern.  Can anyone provide more info on Gusev?

34 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I would love to get Ehlers. Doesn't help our 2C but who knows what Casey can be and sometimes you gotta take the best talent you can get

He's the guy Marchand elbowed and received the 5 game suspension on. I don't think he's getting 5 years but he's been a productive and 2 way player for his career

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Also, Edmonton hasn't made any significant moves with Pulujarvi wanting out, neither has Tampa with their cap crunch...we're far from over here with this offseason

Pulujarvi...based on what I'm reading here, if we were to try, I think trading KO for him straight up would be the only thing I'd like to do.  Or, maybe, Sobotka.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/future-hold-jesse-puljujarvi-edmonton-oilers/

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'd much rather trade for Gusev and give him the $4Mx2 he's reportedly looking for than sign Johansson for $5Mx5 or whatever. 

5x5 would be quite a bit for Johansson, but there is nothing stopping Buffalo from acquiring but him and Gusev.  That’s not really an either/or situation, they play different positions.

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Gusev hasn't played a minute of NHL hockey, and he's 27....   most goals he's ever scored in one KHL season is 24.   Antipin part duex? 

He's listed at 163lbs.  He most likely doesn't have the skills to play in the NHL at that size.

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Gusev hasn't played a minute of NHL hockey, and he's 27....   most goals he's ever scored in one KHL season is 24.   Antipin part duex? 

24 goals, in 57 games

4 minutes ago, jad1 said:

He's listed at 163lbs.  He most likely doesn't have the skills to play in the NHL at that size.

I don’t know if he will be successful in the NHL or not, but his KHL production, and size, is pretty close to Panarin at the same age.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.