Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Nah. You were right. When you read his other content, he was somewhat guessing at which teams would be doing it, but was more sure that there would be offer sheet activity.

Edit: I did tweak my quote.

So he didn’t actually accomplish anything. He guessed a bu ch and didn’t even guess right. Moving along now...

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

Daym this sh1t is keeping me awake for sure, so much happening.

So sad we werent in on zucarello ?

Not in?  or not willing to pay the amount and term he was able to get elsewhere?  big difference.

18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm expecting him to get a similar contract to Timo Mier got which about $6 mil with 4 seasons, too bad we don't have a 3rd to offer sheet him.

It would be kind of interesting if we dealt somebody to Carolina to reacquire our 3rd rounder.  You'd kinda know what we were up to at that point.

Just now, Hoss said:

Take this with a grain of a grain of salt because Biz is a funny dude so could be:

1. They actually made a big move

2. He knows nothing and is joking

3. They made a small move that he’s joking as big.

That’s what happens with to much Mighty Taco.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Details on Capfriendly.  Kadri, Calle Rosen, 2020 3rd for Barrie(salary 50% retained), Kerfoot, 2020 6th.

Well, Kadri is moved. Barrie is a UFA after next season. So... Toronto gave up  Kadri for 1 year of Barrie. And Colorado retained salary.

Also for RFA Kerfoot --- if TOR can sign him. Now would be the time to offer sheet Kerfoot, I suppose (if it's legal to offer sheet someone who has just been traded). Toronto still has to get Marner under contract and only has 8M in space. If any GM likes Kerfoot for a Johnsson/Kapanen style of a ~2.8 to 3M bridge (a slight overpayment)... or give up a 2nd round pick.

Colorado really just didn't like Barrie. What are they going to do with Makar in a couple years? Move him, too?  But they did get their all around 2C to help out McKinnon.

9 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, Kadri is moved. Barrie is a UFA after next season. So... Toronto gave up  Kadri for 1 year of Barrie. And Colorado retained salary.

Also for RFA Kerfoot --- if TOR can sign him. Now would be the time to offer sheet Kerfoot, I suppose (if it's legal to offer sheet someone who has just been traded). Toronto still has to get Marner under contract and only has 8M in space. If any GM likes Kerfoot for a Johnsson/Kapanen style of a ~2.8 to 3M bridge (a slight overpayment)... or give up a 2nd round pick.

Colorado really just didn't like Barrie. What are they going to do with Makar in a couple years? Move him, too?  But they did get their all around 2C to help out McKinnon.

Kerfoot can receive an offer sheet.  That a different employer holds the right of 1st refusal in no way alters his right to receive an offer sheet.

15 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

That’s an interesting idea.  Kerfoot offer sheet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.