Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Things are still fluid but hearing as of now it’s basically Colorado and a unidentified team in the running for UFA winger Joonas Donskoi.... I don’t think Edmonton and Buffalo are in anymore but again, things are fluid

Edited by Scottysabres

2 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

They need much more than 1 player to be in the playoffs

Granted, it's an if, but if Kreuger is good, that's a huge step in the right direction.  They've also, since being eliminated last season added Montour, Miller (who I still expect is a replacement for Ristolainen, rather than an addition), and a 1 year older/ experienced Dahlin.

Bring in Aho and a 2RW for Ristolainen and this team challenges for the playoffs.  Get the goaltending from the 1st 30 games last year and this team should make the playoffs (even with the moves other Eastern teams will make the next couple of days).

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Granted, it's an if, but if Kreuger is good, that's a huge step in the right direction.  They've also, since being eliminated last season added Montour, Miller (who I still expect is a replacement for Ristolainen, rather than an addition), and a 1 year older/ experienced Dahlin.

Bring in Aho and a 2RW for Ristolainen and this team challenges for the playoffs.  Get the goaltending from the 1st 30 games last year and this team should make the playoffs (even with the moves other Eastern teams will make the next couple of days).

If we were to do this, we damn well better do more than challenge for the playoffs. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

If we were to do this, we damn well better do more than challenge for the playoffs. 

I'd hope they do, and likely they would.  But that would depend on how quickly they figure out the lines / pairings and develop chemistry.

It also depends on not having the goaltending look like Lehner Johnson, which they did the last 50 or so games.

The Stanley Cup champions were last overall in January because of bad goaltending, bad coaching, and lack of chemistry in that order.  The Sabres won't have the luxury of playing in the West to correct those problems should they face 2 of those 3 issues to start this season.  Even if they do make those personnel moves this week.

Is Aho enough?  Let's see.

• Forwards
    • Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson
    • Rodrigues - Aho - Reinhart
    • Sheary - Mittlestadt - Nylander
    • Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo
    • Asplund, Smith, Criscuolo, Wilson, O'Regan, Thompson
  • Defence
    • Dahlin - Montour
    • McCabe - Miller
    • Pilut - Ristolainen
    • Scandella - Bogosian
  • Goaltender
    • Hutton
    • Ullmark

Granted, someone like Donskoi will help.  (Omitting Sobotka and demoting Thompson helped a lot.)  But that looks like a playoff team.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2
Forgot ERod.

I hate to say this, but Kadri is the player this team needs. Can score, has a nasty streak, is a very solid two way center and has become very good in the FO circle.  

No way Toronto trades him to us, but what a great fit he’d be here for a few years with 3 years left at 4.5 as Mitts and Cozens develop.  He could become our Patrick Sharp.

I wonder if someone like LA could acquire him and then send him to us.  For example, LA sends Martinez to Toronto for him and then send him to us for Risto and something else.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I want nooooooo part of Kadri. Guy plays stupid and dirty. I’m so glad it will never happen.

I’d take him. If he played for Boston, he would never even have a penalty called on him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.