Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Deger is wrong. They can't keep Risto now. Reducing his role on this team is only going to make things worse. He's not going to get better with a reduced work load and it's going to crush his trade value. Plus they have too many defensemen they need to protect for the expansion draft now. Risto is gone.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Deger is wrong. They can't keep Risto now. Reducing his role on this team is only going to make things worse. He's not going to get better with a reduced work load and it's going to crush his trade value. Plus they have too many defensemen they need to protect for the expansion draft now. Risto is gone.

Even if Ristolainen gets traded, they'll still have too many D to protect & likely either McCabe or Pilut gets snagged.

54 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yes, but there’s no rush and no deadline to move him. Send him out when the return is highest. This may even be during the 1st half of the season when injuries start mounting. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why

I don't like their assets, and I have a very specific roster target in mind if I'm moving Risto, and will add to him substantially to make it happen if I have to. And LA ain't got anything close. And I'm not trading Risto in a trade where the returning player doesn't come close, and being content to fill the remaining trade value gap with freaking picks 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't like their assets, and I have a very specific roster target in mind if I'm moving Risto, and will add to him substantially to make it happen if I have to. And LA ain't got anything close. And I'm not trading Risto in a trade where the returning player doesn't come close, and being content to fill the remaining trade value gap with freaking picks 

Who is your specific roster target?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I apologize if I missed it but can I get a couple of examples of your ideal trade scenario?

1 minute ago, sabresparaavida said:

Who is your specific roster target?

A 2C, any 2C, get creative Jason! 

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I apologize if I missed it but can I get a couple of examples of your ideal trade scenario?

Lol I'm pretty bad at accurately judging trade value, but I can try. 

Ristolainen, Nylander for Granlund
Ristolainen for AA from Detroit
Risto for Kadri
Ristolainen, stuff for Trocheck
Ristolainen, Mitts for Cirelli, cap dumps to make it work (tampa cap dumps would likely be productive NHLers still) 

The value needs to be tweaked on all of these, of course, but I just want them to identify a 2C that can be here for a while, and build something to make it happen. I know "it takes two to tango" and blah blah blah, but I have high expectations for somebody who turned our center depth (which was our only strength) into the worst in the league when ranking spines below the 1C. Teams are out there struggling with contracts and the cap, teams really like Ristolainen, something GOOD at that position, this offseason, is possible and I hope he's a go-getter. 

If we're not trading Ristolainen to do it, there are some freaking glorious RFAs worth emptying the vault for. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What if the trades gives assets that Jbot uses to acquire a 2nd line center?

34 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

A 2C, any 2C, get creative Jason! 

Lol I'm pretty bad at accurately judging trade value, but I can try. 

Ristolainen, Nylander for Granlund
Ristolainen for AA from Detroit
Risto for Kadri
Ristolainen, stuff for Trocheck
Ristolainen, Mitts for Cirelli, cap dumps to make it work (tampa cap dumps would likely be productive NHLers still) 

The value needs to be tweaked on all of these, of course, but I just want them to identify a 2C that can be here for a while, and build something to make it happen. I know "it takes two to tango" and blah blah blah, but I have high expectations for somebody who turned our center depth (which was our only strength) into the worst in the league when ranking spines below the 1C. Teams are out there struggling with contracts and the cap, teams really like Ristolainen, something GOOD at that position, this offseason, is possible and I hope he's a go-getter. 

If we're not trading Ristolainen to do it, there are some freaking glorious RFAs worth emptying the vault for. 

You'd trade more for Cirelli than Trocheck? Or is your "stuff" in the above scenario significant? 

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I know I’m the guy that says wingers are interchangeable but I’m not comfortable trading Risto for a left winger

Mike Hoffman would be the second-best forward on the team immediately.

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You'd trade more for Cirelli than Trocheck? Or is your "stuff" in the above scenario significant? 

I know my value is way off in there, just try to look at the spirit of the post! 

FWIW, I value Cirelli more than Trocheck and think he's going to be a better player. But I believe you're right that this is likely not how GMs would see it, that Trocheck is better now and in the same mold, and that I could be wayyyyyyy wrong, but when I have narratives I ride them hard 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Risto for Mike Hoffman would give me warm and fuzzies in my pants.

39 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Mike Hoffman would be the second-best forward on the team immediately.

Risto for a Winger on an expiring contract appears to be an overpay by the Sabres 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I’m starting to think that Aho might get an offer sheet. Lot of Carolina rumors regarding other centers.

If this happens Buffalo must be one of 4 or 5 teams that have the cap space and (potentially) will to pull something like that off.

19 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m starting to think that Aho might get an offer sheet. Lot of Carolina rumors regarding other centers.

18 minutes ago, Derrico said:

If this happens Buffalo must be one of 4 or 5 teams that have the cap space and (potentially) will to pull something like that off.

Let's hope.

Would rather offer sheet him than Marner.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.