Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per LeBrun the Sabres have inquired about Joonas Donskoi

They have actually shown real interest along with Edmonton, Colorado.

Would be a good add if they can land him.  Would be top 6 winger today & would fit in well on 3rd line when we finally see young wingers step up into earning top 6 roles.

Donskoi is my favorite free agent out there. Decent shot but I think he still can improve. Think he was under used in SJ because of how loaded they are. He’s a hard working forward who’s desperate for a bigger role. Very good defensively and lightning fast. 

Makes me happy to see us connected with him.

18 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Donskoi would be a nice addition to the middle six.   

Would prefer they go after Dzingel and Zuccarello.   

1 minute ago, Briere48 said:

Donskoi is my favorite free agent out there. Decent shot but I think he still can improve. Think he was under used in SJ because of how loaded they are. He’s a hard working forward who’s desperate for a bigger role. Very good defensively and lightning fast. 

Makes me happy to see us connected with him.

I’d takeJoonas because he is cheaper and can be effective in multiple roles.

Zuc will cost too much. Dzingel is a 30 point guy whose numbers got artificially inflated last year, and doesn’t have the defensive skills Donskoi brings.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Dzingel is a 30 point guy whose numbers got artificially inflated last year, and doesn’t have the defensive skills Donskoi brings.

32-41-56 are his point totals in 3 full seasons. He is not a 30 point guy

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dzingel is a centre, though, no? 

Yes

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He was a healthy scratch for the Sharks as recently as last season. Not interested in Donskoi at what it will likely cost to get him. 

1 minute ago, Lanny said:

He was a healthy scratch for the Sharks as recently as last season. Not interested in Donskoi at what it will likely cost to get him. 

I'm talking about Dzingel

Just now, Hoss said:

That post was about Dzingel.

Yes, thanks

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yes

Dzingel has played a lot of wing.I worry his numbers last year were artificially bolstered by his role and the situation in Ottawa.

I do love his speed, but it would be a mistake to bring him in thinking he will fix our 2nd line centre woes and handing him a $25 million deal would be a mistake.

Most UFA contracts are mistakes.Thats why if we sign one, I’d rather not shop in the pricey section.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Dzingel has played a lot of wing.I worry his numbers last year were artificially bolstered by his role and the situation in Ottawa.

I do love his speed, but it would be a mistake to bring him in thinking he will fix our 2nd line centre woes and handing him a $25 million deal would be a mistake.

Most UFA contracts are mistakes.Thats why if we sign one, I’d rather not shop in the pricey section.

I mean I'd love to take him on as a winger too honestly, but I see what you mean

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I hope people don't jump on me when I post this a thousand times when our 2C offseason move is trading for Cody Eakin or Erik Haula 

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He had 56 points last year. He might, and he might be one of the better options. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I hope people don't jump on me when I post this a thousand times when our 2C offseason move is trading for Cody Eakin or Erik Haula 

Here’s why I’d rather have Eakin or Haula than Dzingel: they are decent enough in their own zone to match up against Stamkos or Tavares or Trochek where Dzingel would be swallowed whole.

Adding Dzingel or someone like him essentially gives Ralphie two Casey Mittlestadts.

A real 3C and no 2c is better than having neither.

Having Eichel, Eakin and Larry gives us more of a fighting chance.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, dudacek said:

Here’s why I’d rather have Eakin or Haula than Dzingel: they are decent enough in their own zone to match up against Stamkos or Tavares or Trochek where Dzingel would be swallowed whole.

Adding Dzingel or someone like him essentially gives Ralphie two Casey Mittlestadts.

That's what Larsson is for though. Unless you're talking about those guys as being a second line matching up against our second line centered hypothetically by Dzingel, to which I would say use your 3rd line or something. Also, I don't want to be the team that plays afraid

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A real 3C and no 2c is better than having neither.

Dzingel isn't capable of being a 2c or a "real" 3C?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'd prefer Haula, then Dzingel, then Eakin. My impression is that Eakin doesn't play very good hockey.

I'm just going to be really upset if we don't Fix, with a capital f, the 2C position for at least this coming season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.