Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Maybe the GMs know what the cap is now and the floodgates open and we have an epic day with all the moves

I would have liked Subban, wonder what the return was. At the same time, we need to use assets on 2C pronto 

I’m seeing Subban for Hall on a lot of rumor boards.

People all about NJ fleecing Nashville.  Again, you have to wonder why Nashville is willing to let him go for a perceived low amount and also why others aren't stepping up.

Bottom line, and i think it was stated on here somewhere, PK just isn't as great as people think he is.

He's a great person and a good defender.  But not a $9M defender.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

People all about NJ fleecing Nashville.  Again, you have to wonder why Nashville is willing to let him go for a perceived low amount and also why others aren't stepping up.

Bottom line, and i think it was stated on here somewhere, PK just isn't as great as people think he is.

Because he’s $9M. That’s why they traded him. Not because he isn’t a damn good player. But because they’ve got to take care of their own (Josi) and desperately need forwards. Defense was their strength and he was a luxury they could no longer afford.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

It was the right move for Nashville given his cap hit and the fact that he had already nullified his NMC previously.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah.. I get it.  But it's not fleecing by any stretch in my opinion.  It's all he's worth.  Because he's a $9M defender who is not worth that salary.

I’d pay Subban $7.5M a year for three years so he’s a 4th line grinder salary away from being “worth it.” That’s minuscule. Nashville was fleeced.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Early holiday for JBot?

team was trash and sounds like many opportunities to make it better have been ignored. Over reaction slightly but still

Slightly?  There’s been one trade!  For a D of all positions lol.  Yes I acknowledge it sounds like miller is next.  Just saying there is lots of time and other options.

Wasn’t it just yesterday reported the leafs were not going to trade marleau? 95 percent of what talking heads say is pure speculation or fed info from team/player to drive up price.

Edited by Derrico

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

So quiet on the Sabres trade front that Botterill heard a pin drop and thought is was the phone ringing...…………………...

JBot will have to be busy in FA.  No way he can ice this team as currently constructed.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.