Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

His point average is as good over the past three years as any LW on our roster not named Skinner. I think he's comparable to Sheary and at two more years at 2.25m I'm interested. Of course it depends on price. I think some Buffalo fans just can't get past he chose the Rangers.

Vesey is a UFA after this coming season -- so only 1 year left on his contract.

32 minutes ago, Radar said:

His point average is as good over the past three years as any LW on our roster not named Skinner. I think he's comparable to Sheary and at two more years at 2.25m I'm interested. Of course it depends on price. I think some Buffalo fans just can't get past he chose the Rangers.

If I'm being honest, I can't get past he compares to Sheary.

I have very little knowledge about any of the draft prospects, why doesn't Spencer Knight make sense? Is he way off the board? Does that indicate a trade down scenario?

Edit: A quick google tells me he's the 16th ranked skater and is a goalie. Part of me now wants us to take him at 7 to watch this board implode :)

Edited by Mustache of God
  • Haha (+1) 1

Burakovsky not getting a contract makes no sense.  He is a 24 and legit NHLer.  I find it hard to be that no one would give a middle round pick for his rights.  He has had two 25 pt season after two 30+ pts seasons.  I'd give them a 5th for his rights right now and give him a qualifying offer.  Give him a 2 year deal for 2.5 per season and go from there.

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Wasn’t Faulk thought of the same way as Risto by the analytics guys?

Very similarly from what I've read. 

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Ugh, I'm playing in a hockey tournament this weekend and my first game is at 8:10 pm today, so I'm going to miss most of the first round and hopefully turn my phone on to see an avalanche of trades. Fingers crossed JBOT does something.

It's always the worst when you do this and then get back to crickets

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Ugh, I'm playing in a hockey tournament this weekend and my first game is at 8:10 pm today, so I'm going to miss most of the first round and hopefully turn my phone on to see an avalanche of trades. Fingers crossed JBOT does something.

Hopefully a Sabres trade in their too ?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I tend to agree, but if it happens it'll be fun to see the Marner fireworks, because he's definitely gone in a separate trade (assuming he's not gone for Subban). 

Could you imagine Marner on the Preds? Now, I don't want that trade because I don't want PK in Toronto, but good god would it be awesome to watch Marner in Nashville

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.