Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Reread it:

I read "My understanding is that would likely be the trade. At least last week it was being discussed as a 1 for 1." following-up "Every time I see it I dislike this Vesey for McCabe trade idea even more https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1141908971869167617 ", I think that is exactly what he is saying without fully leaking.

YMMV

1 minute ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Reread it:

I read "My understanding is that would likely be the trade. At least last week it was being discussed as a 1 for 1." following-up "Every time I see it I dislike this Vesey for McCabe trade idea even more https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1141908971869167617 ", I think that is exactly what he is saying without fully leaking.

YMMV

I think you're reading too much into it.

• Like (+1) 1

How about McCabe for Vesey and Namestnikov?

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Fear leads to suffering. Suffering leads to tanking. Tanking leads to new GMs and trading for the sake of trading for their guys, leads to fear of trades and.... Panic! It's fun, isn't it?

Vesey was TM’s guy.

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think you're reading too much into it.

Maybe.  But when I got juicy rumours in my years of SF fandom, I often did things like that.  It certainly biases my interpretation of it.  I still think that's what he is saying.

4 minutes ago, Tondas said:

How about we keep McCabe unless the offer is "Ristolainen Massive."

Sounds like an underwater mountain from the Hunt For Red October.

How about Sheary and McCabe to Minn for Spurgeon and Zucker? We get two upgrades, Minn gets a serviceable forward and a D they can sign long-term without breaking the bank.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Listening to Dreger’s Segment he spoke to his Rangers Source who mentioned the Sabres are one of 4-5 Teams who remain interested in Vesey.

Sounds like the Rangers aren't one of the 4-5 teams interested in Vesey.

Edited by Tondas
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sounds like an underwater mountain from the Hunt For Red October.

How about Sheary and McCabe to Minn for Spurgeon and Zucker? We get two upgrades, Minn gets a serviceable forward and a D they can sign long-term without breaking the bank.  

We’d probably have to add at least 31 to that deal because we’re getting the two best players (by far) in the deal. I don’t think those two get Zucker or Spurgeon by themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

We’d probably have to add at least 31 to that deal because we’re getting the two best players (by far) in the deal. I don’t think those two get Zucker or Spurgeon by themselves.

I’m not adding the 31, but I’d be willing to add a prospect.  Spurgeon is 29 and has only one year left on his deal.  If he was younger and/or had more term I’d probably agree with you.    That said, I think that could be the core of a really good deal to help our team.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not adding the 31, but I’d be willing to add a prospect.  Spurgeon is 29 and has only one year left on his deal.  If he was younger and/or had more term I’d probably agree with you.    That said, I think that could be the core of a really good deal to help our team.

Without adding something of good value to that trade we’re not close.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

So without using anything but money I can get a better player than Jimmy Vesey. 100% out on the Vesey train to Hell No station. 

Do we not trust Botterill to recognize this, too? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.