Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Y’all are dumping on Vesey, but who were his centers in NY.  Getting him is a very little risk proposition to see if he blossoms with more dynamic centers.  If he doesn’t work out it cost you a 3rd or 4th rd pick and one year of salary.  The pick could be replaced if you trade him at the deadline.

Right now we need a minimum of 2 new wingers.  Vesey isn’t my first choice, but at least I think there might still be some upside.  

Who would his centers be here?

He's a meh hockey player and we don't need more meh hockey players.

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s actually one of the worst trade proposals I’ve ever seen on this board. I just wanted to be 100% sure that’s what you meant before I made that comment lol

People here told me the same thing when I suggested Risto and Reinhart for Aho and Slavin a few years ago, so I'll take that as a compliment.

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Also, if you went to Tampa's board and offered Risto/Borgen/Mitts for Cirelli/Cernak/Foote, they'd laugh you out the door. They'd pay$100 of their own money to keep Risto off their team 

Just like I told y'all with Point last year, Cirelli is going to be a special hockey player. 

The only way you get special hockey players is drafting top 3, getting lucky after that, or identifying guys before they break out, not after

I may be wrong, but Anthony is my pick this offseason to develop into a special player at some point soon

The 7th pick was also involved. Also, it’s been widely reported that Tampa wants Risto so you’re off there.

”The only way you get special players is by drafting top 3” in a post about Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli who weren’t even close to being top 3 picks.

Good morning, Flagg. ?

Edited by Hoss

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The 7th pick was also involved. Also, it’s been widely reported that Tampa wants Risto so you’re off there.

”The only way you get special players is by drafting top 3” in a post about Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli who weren’t even close to being top 3 picks.

Good morning, Flagg. ?

lmao did you miss the next part "getting lucky after that"

referring to late round picks that develop into special players 

And I'm not off, I didn't say tampa doesn't want risto, i said that you'd get laughed off of their forum because their fans don't want him

Trust me, I've already had these conversations with them 

Good morning to me, it sounds like you are the one that needs to reread!!

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

People here told me the same thing when I suggested Risto and Reinhart for Aho and Slavin a few years ago, so I'll take that as a compliment.

I would love to add Cirelli. But I’m not just going to throw every asset we have for him when it’s either not necessary or he’s untouchable. If Cirelli is truly attainable it won’t take all the assets I mentioned to get him.

I am not saying acquire Vesey, but I do think Mitts and Eichel are better then what he had in NY.  

Donskoi and Ferlund are good 3rd line players and basically only slight, if at all, improvements over Sheary, Vesey or KO.  They really don’t move the needle, but like Vesey just give us more depth.

Besides Olofsson, who would Vesey be blocking? Thompson? Nylander?  What have they proven?

@nfreeman Olofsson had 4 pts in 6 NHL games after putting up 63 in 66 AHL games, including 30 goals.  I think he’s proven he’s ready to be in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I would love to add Cirelli. But I’m not just going to throw every asset we have for him when it’s either not necessary or he’s untouchable. If Cirelli is truly attainable it won’t take all the assets I mentioned to get him.

Cernak and Foote are their two top-rated defensive prospects too, though. They aren't filler. They're f*cking good and would easily be our top two non-Dahlin defense prospects, and at least one is sure to be a top four fixture for years. Again, Cernak already has a successful NHL season in the books, helping McDonagh to the best season of his career in tough minutes.

He'd be the perfect Dahlin partner - he's nasty, stay-at-home, and allows his partner to roam. He is an excellent shot suppressor in his own right. We'd be a MUCH better team this year with this trade, and would have a great chance of winning it in the long run, which is why Tampa would say no if it was proposed.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Any Risto to Tampa trade is going to have Foote being one of the primary returns.  Tampa is in win-now mode and just needs cap relief and replacement RD with grit — they aren’t going to trade their NHL proven cost controlled assets to pick up Risto. They might be willing to trade away defenders they can’t wait two years on to make sure they can repeat their Presidents trophy next two years, and this time have enough grit in the lineup to play playoff hockey. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.