Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

George. Louis. Costanza. 

Why in the world would Colorado move Barrie? 

UFA next year, have to pay Rantenan, they have the young guys coming up to replace him. Might as well get something for him

Edited by WildCard

27 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

George. Louis. Costanza. 

Why in the world would Colorado move Barrie? 

From what I read they are more comfortable using Makar as their top offensive RD and Johnson as their top defensive RD than spend what Barrie is going to command as a UFA.

Like so many other players out there right now, it’s about contracts. I’m really starting to believe the chatter right now is more than just hype. So many good teams forced to make hard decisions against the cap and so many teams with space eager to improve.

Come on Botterill, be a player.

Edited by dudacek

An interest in Carl Soderberg?  He has one left at 4.75 and admittedly is 33, but is 50% in the faceoff circle and puts up 40+ pts.  Plays center and LW and might be a cost effective and productive placeholder for next season.  He does have a modified NTC.  He would also be cheap to acquire.  

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I would definitely consider a Risto and Mitts package for Kadri, Kapanen and Brown.

Gives the Leafs what they are looking for in some cap relief as well as addressing their RHD and cost controlled center request.

Gives Buffalo a nice cost controlled roster ready 3C in his prime for 3 more seasons and a 3RW in Brown who is very decent at defensive game as a forward and an RFA to boot going in to his prime years.

Kapanen is line 1 or 2 RW ready.

This is the trade I'd be looking for if I'm Botterill.

Edited by Scottysabres

Preds fan that was asked if Subban is bad now:
"That's the $9M question. And the answer I think is we still don't really know for sure. He WAS bad last season. Or at least for most of it. He was noticeably slower at the start of the season especially. But we still don't know if or how much his mysterious injury played into it... it seemed like he might have been playing hurt to start the season and got shut down in mid-November. Then came back after Christmas but still wasn't quite up to par for a while after that. I thought maybe somewhere around mid-March and then on through to the end of the playoffs he looked a lot more like his old self, however. But I don't have anything that pinpoints a change/recovery, and there has been no official word on his health status at any time. 

It's at least hopeful that he had those final weeks where he suddenly looked a whole lot better again. But that's a pretty short sample to go on. But then the 50 games before that where he looked bad is a relatively small sample in the overall body of his career work too. 

So unless you're on the Preds medical staff or know something none of the rest of us do, it's kind of a mystery box for now, unfortunately. I don't think there's strong public evidence to support the notion that he's starting any age-related decline. But a bad season is a bad season and a team picking up that contract would have to do their homework I think particularly on the medical report just to be sure there's nothing chronic that might be lurking in the weeds to explain his bad season. :dunno:"

• Like (+1) 1

PK is one of my all-time favorite athletes. He’s an incredibly good guy who’s charitable work is as good as what he gives you on the ice. And he’s highly entertaining.

That said, his contract isn’t exactly great, so I’d need to be able to get him for cheeeeeap.

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The interesting part about Subban is that if he's declining and not worth his contract you can just leave him exposed for the expansion draft.

Yep. only three years left, no NTC/NMC at all and a virtual lock to be exposed.

I wonder how anxious they are to move him. 

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yep. only three years left, no NTC/NMC at all and a virtual lock to be exposed.

I wonder how anxious they are to move him. 

It actually makes sense for them to move him now since cap space is their immediate need. Might as well get something for him, free up some cap, and let someone else deal with the outcomes of him either declining or getting picked up in the expansion draft for free. They might be selling low now, but they could be selling for even lower if they wait.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I would definitely consider a Risto and Mitts package for Kadri, Kapanen and Brown.

Gives the Leafs what they are looking for in some cap relief as well as addressing their RHD and cost controlled center request.

Gives Buffalo a nice cost controlled roster ready 3C in his prime for 3 more seasons and a 3RW in Brown who is very decent at defensive game as a forward and an RFA to boot going in to his prime years.

Kapanen is line 1 or 2 RW ready.

This is the trade I'd be looking for if I'm Botterill.

No way I give up the future of mitts AND Risto for a top 6 RW and a couple of third liners. That doesn't solve our 2C problem, and creates a hole in our defense. Sure, our middle 6 would be upgraded, but it is not worth losing our eventual (hopefully) 2C and a highly sought after defender.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Think of what he could teach Dahlin though. Instead of, you know, Dahlin learning from Risto

At least Montour can force some good habits on him though

Arizona is so lost. They’re just moving dudes in and out with absolutely no semblance of a plan.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

No way I give up the future of mitts AND Risto for a top 6 RW and a couple of third liners. That doesn't solve our 2C problem, and creates a hole in our defense. Sure, our middle 6 would be upgraded, but it is not worth losing our eventual (hopefully) 2C and a highly sought after defender.

Maybe, but we don't know what Mitts will or won't be as of yet and Risto we already know what he is.

Kapanen, yea top 6 RW, but Kadri and Brown aren't just 3rd liners, they're 2 very good 3rd liners.

I'd give up possibility for the known to start winning some to be sure, but I understand why some wouldn't as well.

56 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is my nightmare

Unless Botterill acts, he could lose the advantage when it comes to risto, some of these talks being rumored will bare fruit. Both Toronto and Carolina getting better serves nothing for the Sabres, and a trade like the one mentioned does that for both.

Edited by Scottysabres

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.