Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Speculation in Vancouver is that if the Canucks move up its to get Byrum.

I'd be pretty surprised if he's at #6 still. They either know something we don't, or they're going to package #6 once they get up there.

Or this is all a smokescreen. Still, it's fun

3 minutes ago, jsb said:

I'll take Horvat for the #7.

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

That is an interesting proposal but yes I might make that trade.

I wish but Horvat isn't going anywhere

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Stastny's not ideal & I'd hope that Botterill can do better, but he could work in a pinch.  How about seeing how badly they need the cap space by offering CJ Smith?

Though I'd rather have a guy that could fit in as the 3C for 2-3 years after Mittelstadt moves up to 2C, that's not nearly as critical as 2C is for the next 2 years.  After that, one of Asplund, Davidsson, this years #7 overall, or somebody else can take Mitts role as 3C should this year's 2C not be up to that future role.

• Like (+1) 1

It's really #7 for Horvat.  BOGO will start the season on IR and probably won't be re-signed next year.  Nylander has value due to his draft position and "potential".  If he falls flat in Roch/Buf this year, his value will be nothing.  I think it's worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, Tondas said:

It's really #7 for Horvat.  BOGO will start the season on IR and probably won't be re-signed next year.  Nylander has value due to his draft position and "potential".  If he falls flat in Roch/Buf this year, his value will be nothing.  I think it's worth the risk.

I think maybe Radar was saying it would still be a No from Vancouver.

Does everyone realize that Bo Horvat is a 24 year old, low end #1/high end #2 C?  He is basically ROR.  He has gotten better and better each year in the league.  I can’t think of a reason that Vancouver would want to trade him.

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Does everyone realize that Bo Horvat is a 24 year old, low end #1/high end #2 C?  He is basically ROR.  He has gotten better and better each year in the league.  I can’t think of a reason that Vancouver would want to trade him.

Ahhh, my bad.  I was thinking Radar was saying the Sabres would say no.  Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Does everyone realize that Bo Horvat is a 24 year old, low end #1/high end #2 C?  He is basically ROR.  He has gotten better and better each year in the league.  [ b] I can’t think of a reason that Vancouver would want to trade him.[/b]

Would an (the?) answer be that the GM had a minor stroke?

(Provided of course he actually winds up on the market.)

40 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Well 3 GMs traded ROR, so anything is possible I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well 3 GMs traded ROR, so anything is possible I suppose. 

2 did.  But, once for sure he demanded a trade, and the 2nd time.......

Anyway, Horvat is exactly what Vancouver needs.  They like him, he likes them, he is signed long term.  He isn’t getting traded to Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

2 did.  But, once for sure he demanded a trade, and the 2nd time.......

Anyway, Horvat is exactly what Vancouver needs.  They like him, he likes them, he is signed long term.  He isn’t getting traded to Buffalo.

Yeah I'd trade anyone this side of Dahlin, even though I'm not his biggest fan, for Horvat. That includes Jack. Bo may not have the skill Jack does but I like his game profoundly more than our saviour's. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

What would be the add from Vancouver?

I would love a second but it would probably be something like a B prospect or 3rd and 5th round pick or something.  I wouldn't make that trade but if they really like Caufield or someone similar at 7 and reasonably confident in getting them at 10 then they sure might.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Stastny's not ideal & I'd hope that Botterill can do better, but he could work in a pinch.  How about seeing how badly they need the cap space by offering CJ Smith?

Though I'd rather have a guy that could fit in as the 3C for 2-3 years after Mittelstadt moves up to 2C, that's not nearly as critical as 2C is for the next 2 years.  After that, one of Asplund, Davidsson, this years #7 overall, or somebody else can take Mitts role as 3C should this year's 2C not be up to that future role.

I think Stastny is going to be one of the very best options made available this offseason that can fill a 2C role. That contract is favorable and he had a very good year once he got healthy.

If you can buy low and fill that 2C spot then it really opens up some options moving forward.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.