Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

If we trade Hunwick before the draft we also lose our 3rd round pick this year to Pittsburgh instead of our 4th. 

So instead of a 3rd, we gain a 2nd and 4th.  I’m ok with that.  Or Jbot changes the pick to 2020 and makes the deal after the draft.

2 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Tampa doesn’t want Hunwick.  They are trying to shed as much salary as possible.

Tampa needs bodies on D.  They are giving us 11.1 mill in Cap and taking back 7.6, but also filling two D roster spots.  If they don’t want Hunwick they can waive him and save another 1.1.

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So instead of a 3rd, we gain a 2nd and 4th.  I’m ok with that.  Or Jbot changes the pick to 2020 and makes the deal after the draft.

Tampa needs bodies on D.  They are giving us 11.1 mill in Cap and taking back 7.6, but also filling two D roster spots.  If they don’t want Hunwick they can waive him and save another 1.1.

Tampa has Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, McDonough, Coburn, Rutta and top prospect Foote all signed for 2019-20 already.  So if they add Risto to that group, you are telling me that Hunwick will also appeal to them because they need him for another body to fill out their lineup?  No, that makes zero sense to me.  They are not going to want a cap dump.

20 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Tampa has Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, McDonough, Coburn, Rutta and top prospect Foote all signed for 2019-20 already.  So if they add Risto to that group, you are telling me that Hunwick will also appeal to them because they need him for another body to fill out their lineup?  No, that makes zero sense to me.  They are not going to want a cap dump.

Rutta is a 28 year old Euro signing who may or may not make the team.  Also TB hadn’t re-signed Coburn when I wrote the original post.  With Coburn now re-signed it obviously makes needing Hunwick unlikely,  but like Coburn, Hunwick would have fit the depth role which is why I included him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I think Risto to Jets has to be in play now that Trouba is gone.  

I would love to see a Risto and prospect( Smith/Thompson/Nylander) for Ehlers and Lowry.  

Wait. Hold on. Did you just suggest a trade that isn't totally bonkers? Is the Wookie holding your family hostage or something so he gets his bad trade championship belt back? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, sweetlou said:

I think Risto to Jets has to be in play now that Trouba is gone.  

I would love to see a Risto and prospect( Smith/Thompson/Nylander) for Ehlers and Lowry.  

It should be interesting.  The Jets have to be in the market for a cost controlled D.  The story I read was that they plan to re-sign Myers. They do have 5 D signed for next year, six if they sign Myers, but Risto would add much need PP and O skills.  There is also talk that they plan to buyout Kulikov (who they should have never signed).

Ehlers for Risto would be very interesting in some form.  Ehlers had a bad year last season, but for a franchise like Wpg (and Buffalo) giving up on young cost controlled players is hard to do.  

Still, they must re-sign Laine and Connor, that will be hard to do without moving on from at least one big $ player and no one wants Bryan Little.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It should be interesting.  The Jets have to be in the market for a cost controlled D.  The story I read was that they plan to re-sign Myers. They do have 5 D signed for next year, six if they sign Myers, but Risto would add much need PP and O skills.  There is also talk that they plan to buyout Kulikov (who they should have never signed).

Ehlers for Risto would be very interesting in some form.  Ehlers had a bad year last season, but for a franchise like Wpg (and Buffalo) giving up on young cost controlled players is hard to do.  

Still, they must re-sign Laine and Connor, that will be hard to do without moving on from at least one big $ player and no one wants Bryan Little.

The problem, of course, is the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

A pick for Bogo as a cap dump would be about the best we could hope for from Vancouver

Vancouver gets:  Bogo and an orthopedic surgeon

Sabres get:  3rd round pick.

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Tondas said:

Vancouver gets:  Bogo and an orthopedic surgeon

Sabres get:  3rd round pick.

Vancouver has a TON of cap space. They have no reason to give us even a 3rd for him for the favor of taking him off our hands for a season.

Maybe we get a 4th or 5th for him at best.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Vancouver has a TON of cap space. They have no reason to give us even a 3rd for him for the favor of taking him off our hands for a season.

Maybe we get a 4th or 5th for him at best.

It all depends on the skill of the surgeon.

How about a third option and tying this in to the McCabe rumours? I can’t see anyone trading for Bogo until they see how he recovers from his surgery.

That said, multiple sources say the Canucks are going hard for defencemen and Dhaliwal is well-sourced. Virtanen is a name on the market and the Canucks are openly interested in moving up or down in the draft.

McCabe for Virtanen wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Rumours of each guy being shopped; ages and contracts and stature is comparable; each fills a need the other team is known to be trying to address.

Good fit hockey trade for each side, actually.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.