Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Wanting to sign McCabe long term is fine, though I think 6 years would be a bit excessive.  The strange thing be giving him $4M.  His last contract was only for $1.6M, he has never surpassed 20 points, and has had some injury issues.  I don’t think he will get over $2.5M and definitely no more than $3M.

McCabe is an interesting case because we really have no idea how Botterill values him.

I would think that with Scandella and Bogosian coming off the books next year he might be someone they’d be looking at for term, but maybe they aren’t too fond of him, especially with his injuries. And maybe he’s interested in going to arbitration on a one-year deal and setting himself up for a UFA payday next summer,  because his track record doesn’t scream big payday right now.

The best deals guys of his profile seem to get are like 4-year $4 million, but those are players with better resumes, A good comparable might be Pysyk who signed for 3years at $2.7 two years ago, Brayden McNabb 4 @ $2.5 that same summer, or Brendan Dillon, 5 at 3.2 three years ago.

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

During the Vesey saga, for better or worse, pretty much everyone was throwing the word “coddled” around. This word was debated ad nauseum. The b-word part was mine. Sorry, it was a joke. I thought for sure this word would be properly filtered. You can take that up with the mods if you wish. This is the internet. Don’t take things so hard. 

It was you , not the internet. Stupid comment. 

21 minutes ago, sabills said:

Some rumors on the tweetbox today about mccabe being a piece in a trade going somewhere this week.

Not wild about trading McCabe but I understand why he's talked about.  What other assets does Jbot have not named, Jack, Jeff or Rasmus D.

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think everyone on here would do that in a heartbeat

I would not.  Is Turcotte (I assume that would be the choice) that much more certain to be an NHL star than #4 thru #7?  Scandella sure.   Again, the devaluation of McCabe is unwarranted.  We need more like him.  Who's tougher, hits more, plays with passion more than McCabe??

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I would not.  Is Turcotte (I assume that would be the choice) that much more certain to be an NHL star than #4 thru #7?  Scandella sure.   Again, the devaluation of McCabe is unwarranted.  We need more like him.  Who's tougher, hits more, plays with passion more than McCabe??

We need more sub-par  defensemen that miss 1/3 of the season every year? 

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would. I like McCabe a lot as a 4/5. But I like Turcotte that much more.

McCabe is an excellent defensive defenseman, but as you mentioned Turcotte has First Line Center Potential, more than enough to make that deal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.