Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m trying to figure out whether you are saying Friedman is a bullshitter (disagree) or whether it’s not worth paying attention to his stuff because not much of it will ever happen (completely fair).

The second. Not much will actually pan out because the teams talk to each other a lot. 

Now if he keeps saying the same thing, yes then I might pay attention. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Further, I'd bet most teams talk at this time of year. That doesn't mean a move is close. 

That's my point. That's why I'm not going to give a vesey rumor a second thought. 

He’s not reporting they’re close. You’re lost here.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I no longer believe Freeman. He takes a team that is looking for x, finds a team that wants to move x and then says "they've talked and it could happen". I bet they talked but maybe that's it. 

Actually Friedman is someone who I trust. I think Lebrun and him are the most reliable along with Dreger. After those guys really???????

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

He’s not reporting they’re close. You’re lost here.

I don't think we're really interested. Better? 

9 minutes ago, Radar said:

Actually Friedman is someone who I trust. I think Lebrun and him are the most reliable along with Dreger. After those guys really???????

I trust when he reports a trade not this speculation stuff. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman in his 31 Thoughts mentioned the Sabres are among the most active in trade talks and that they have talked to New York about Jimmy Vesey 

No thanks on Vesey 

I’ll all for signing him and sending him to Cincinnati or Rochester. He’ll be a RFA and under our control for a while. That’ll show that coddled bitch. I’m still extremely pissed. Still can’t sleep. 

15 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I’ll all for signing him and sending him to Cincinnati or Rochester. He’ll be a RFA and under our control for a while. That’ll show that coddled bitch. I’m still extremely pissed. Still can’t sleep. 

So I can assume that trading for Cal Petersen is out of the question as well. ?

Funny thing, here in Russia I've come across a lot of locals with blues jerseys or t shirts, the ones I've talked to (in terrible English) all despise the Bruins. Yay! 

I've been trying to force a Sobotka trade back home, word is theyll take Him back  for a liter of vodka and a pierogi, with future considerations of a Putin vote... Eklund E5

• Haha (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, kas23 said:

because he chose to sign with a team other than the Sabres?   Grow up.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If the price is reasonable I’d be happy to take Vesey.  Good speed and scoring touch, and he’d be an upgrade over Sheary (and quite likely better than Olofsson and Nylander).  

I was Thinking the same, against us he played like how I was hoping our 3rd line to play 

48 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If the price is reasonable I’d be happy to take Vesey.  Good speed and scoring touch, and he’d be an upgrade over Sheary (and quite likely better than Olofsson and Nylander).  

I’ll eat my shoe if Olofsson isn’t better than Vesey

Edited by #freejame
  • Like (+1) 1

Vesey? WTH. FWIW, I agree with your sentiment on Friedman, @LGR4GM. I don't believe the source(s) who confirm trades or contracts are the same feeding him info on trade talks. The former are likely league sources while the latter are team sources. He likely gets a sense of the landscape from the team sources and extrapolates from there/that.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

He’s a guy I’m fine just leaving alone. He’s not a talent that’s hard to find and the angst he creates won’t make anyone happy. We can upgrade without targeting him.

If we’re talking to NYR let’s see about Kreider.

I don't get the hate for Vesey. He was dead set on being a free agent and had every right to explore that option. The anger should be directed towards GMTM for the complete waste of an asset (yes a 3rd round pick is a slim shot) but was just a continuing trend of asset mismanagement by this organization.

I'm curious to know what the exchange would be for him? His 17 G would was more than any Sabres not named Jack, Sam or Jeff last season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I don't get the hate for Vesey. He was dead set on being a free agent and had every right to explore that option. The anger should be directed towards GMTM for the complete waste of an asset (yes a 3rd round pick is a slim shot) but was just a continuing trend of asset mismanagement by this organization.

I'm curious to know what the exchange would be for him? His 17 G would was more than any Sabres not named Jack, Sam or Jeff last season.

I don't like the idea of letting a guy off the hook for not choosing Buffalo. I don't want sloppy seconds. He had his chance. Piss off Jimmy. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Based on what? Certainly not based on scoring or shot metrics. 

Based on the fact that Sheary is fully cooked and was essentially useless for most of last season, while Vesey is younger, bigger and may have more upside.

32 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He’s a guy I’m fine just leaving alone. He’s not a talent that’s hard to find and the angst he creates won’t make anyone happy. We can upgrade without targeting him.

If we’re talking to NYR let’s see about Kreider.

I would certainly rather have Kreider, but he would cost a lot more than Vesey and I’m skeptical that the Rangers will end up trading him.  

You’re right that Vesey would cause angst in some fans, but I think it would be a small minority.  

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Based on the fact that Sheary is fully cooked and was essentially useless for most of last season, while Vesey is younger, bigger and may have more upside.

I would certainly rather have Kreider, but he would cost a lot more than Vesey and I’m skeptical that the Rangers will end up trading him.  

You’re right that Vesey would cause angst in some fans, but I think it would be a small minority.  

So the guy with the same points and better possession metrics was near useless, where the other guy is a clear upgrade because he *may* have more upside. Good to see you taking the GA approach to evidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Sheary is 50 weeks older than Vesey, they are less than a year apart in age. 

Would he be an improvement over Wilson or Zemgus is a better question 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.