Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

It’s crazy that Patrick Marleau has played all 82 games in each of the last six seasons, all 48 in the lockout year and all 82 in the three seasons prior. He hasn’t missed a regular season game in his 30s... he’s 39.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s crazy that Patrick Marleau has played all 82 games in each of the last six seasons, all 48 in the lockout year and all 82 in the three seasons prior. He hasn’t missed a regular season game in his 30s... he’s 39.

That's pretty amazing.

4 hours ago, Sabre1974 said:

Hockey buzz website has us interested in Anders lee

I bet this is just posturing (ie intentional leak) of the Sabres to let Skinner know there is a plan B. Lee would probably look just as good on Jack’s wing as Skinner has. He’s a tad older though. 

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I bet this is just posturing (ie intentional leak) of the Sabres to let Skinner know there is a plan B. Lee would probably look just as good on Jack’s wing as Skinner has. He’s a tad older though. 

I bet this is just another made up thing Eklund wrote to spark web traffic.

Did you see this was actually pitched as a sign-and-trade? Has there ever been one?

6 hours ago, Sabre1974 said:

Hockey buzz website has us interested in Anders lee

First mistake is following hockey buzz.

Second mistake is sharing it because it makes one look like they half believe it haha...

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I would actually believe Harrington before I believed anything on hockey buzz. Hey, yea, if Harrington wants to leave Buffalo News, he should go to hockey buzz. He’d fit right in with his coveted journalism degree he barely uses. ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Radar said:

So, I guess this means we're not interested?

I’m sure we are interested, just like we’re interested in Duchene, Karlsson, Hayes and just about anyone who can help this team, but who says they are interested in us.  

I love ex-Islanders.  Moulson and Okposo have been great for us.

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m sure we are interested, just like we’re interested in Duchene, Karlsson, Hayes and just about anyone who can help this team, but who says they are interested in us.  

I love ex-Islanders.  Moulson and Okposo have been great for us.

My post was meant as sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I'd like Marleau plus an asset...

Not an option. He's on the market because he told Toronto he's going home aka back out West. LA, Colorado and Arizona are the three teams that have been tied to him so far.

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Not an option. He's on the market because he told Toronto he's going home aka back out West. LA, Colorado and Arizona are the three teams that have been tied to him so far.

He’s on the market because Toronto is trying to dump his salary. They know they have to be careful how they handled him which is why they are only looking at teams he is willing to go to.

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

He’s on the market because Toronto is trying to dump his salary. They know they have to be careful how they handled him which is why they are only looking at teams he is willing to go to.

Whatever the reason is he’s not coming here. He’s got a full NMC and the TSN boys have said he’s only open to going back to the west coast.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They are really interested In Turcotte, so I imagine he would be the target in a trade up. 

Moving from 7th to 3rd would cost 30/31 and a roster player/prospect, is that too high of a price 

That’s a no from me, I don’t get all giddy about any prospect aside the top 2

On 6/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, Brawndo said:

They are really interested In Turcotte, so I imagine he would be the target in a trade up. 

Moving from 7th to 3rd would cost 30/31 and a roster player/prospect, is that too high of a price 

I’d trade 30 to take Turcotte, but no one else.

The Reinhart thing is interesting. Id like to hear why it’s crazy.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I’d trade 30 to take Turcotte, but no one else.

The Reinhart thing is interesting. Id like to here why it’s crazy.

Yeah I’m not sure I understand that at all. Unless they think his year after year after year after year of improvement is a fluke and he’ll suddenly regress to a not $6.5-7m player. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

With the lack of talent on this Sabres team, i’m on the fence on this one. Do you really want to give up first round picks?  Is it worth doing for a can’t miss player?  Since drafted players are generally about player development and this organization has a poor track record, i’d Go for the best talent you can get.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.