Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Would the Blues 1st for JT Miller be a good basis for a trade?

Maybe something might be needed to sweeten things, but the value doesn’t seem far off, it solves the Lightning’s cap issues and our centre ice issues.

It's only a good basis if you think Tampa is going to value Miller as a pure cap dump. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, but I think we'd have to add a non-trivial piece. 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's only a good basis if you think Tampa is going to value Miller as a pure cap dump. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, but I think we'd have to add a non-trivial piece. 

And if a team is truly desperate for a camp dump, I would hope that you'd try to exploit that a bit more and send a lower pick.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I looked at what Tampa gave up to get Miller, but it was tough because he came over with McDonough.

You could look at it as McDonough for Nemestnikov, Howden, Hajek and a second and Miller for a late first.

Or McDonough, for Namestnikov, Hajek and a 1st, and Miller for Howden and a 2nd, or...

I don’t think Miller’s value has changed. 

I also looked at the price for Montour, who probably has slightly more value than Miller.

I do think the only reason Tampa trades Miller is to clear space and this trade gives them the space they need. They have the depth up-front to absorb the loss.

Looks to me like the late 1st is definitely enough to be the main piece.

1st and Pilut? 1st and Nelson? Bryson? Laaksonen?

Edited by dudacek

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I hope this happens.  Buffalo can use some cap space and turn it into a valuable asset.  Would love to get Cirelli from them, but one of Miller, Johnson, Palat, Killorn is probably a lot more likely.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I looked at what Tampa gave up to get Miller, but it was tough because he came over with McDonough.

You could look at it as McDonough for Nemestnikov, Howden, Hajek and a second and Miller for a late first.

Or McDonough, for Namestnikov, Hajek and a 1st, and Miller for Howden and a 2nd, or...

I don’t think Miller’s value has changed. 

I also looked at the price for Montour, who probably has slightly more value than Miller.

I do think the only reason Tampa trades Miller is to clear space and this trade gives them the space they need. They have the depth up-front to absorb the loss.

Looks to me like the late 1st is definitely enough to be the main piece.

1st and Pilut? 1st and Nelson? Bryson? Laaksonen?

1st and Pilut is probably fair value, but I'm not moving Pilut. I'm mostly thinking Tampa will want somebody who can play in addition to a pure future asset. Not sure what else we have to offer there if the trade isn't Risto-based. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

1st and Pilut is probably fair value, but I'm not moving Pilut. I'm mostly thinking Tampa will want somebody who can play in addition to a pure future asset. Not sure what else we have to offer there if the trade isn't Risto-based. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm really tired of taking on expensive cap dumps. 

We have cap space to offer.  Could take on Callahan. One year only.  Then after that one year, all of Callahan, Sheary, Sobotka, Bogo, Scandella, Hunwick come off the books, a combined roughly $26M.  That money can then be used to add a couple finishing touches type pieces to what will be a playoff team.

If you take Callahan, Miller and one of their Top Prospects, not named Cirelli( because I doubt they move him) Raddysh comes to mind for the 2nd First, you immediately bolster your middle six and get a prospect who is much closer to the NHL. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

We have cap space to offer.  Could take on Callahan. One year only.  Then after that one year, all of Callahan, Sheary, Sobotka, Bogo, Scandella, Hunwick come off the books, a combined roughly $26M.  That money can then be used to add a couple finishing touches type pieces to what will be a playoff team.

The flip side is that we'd be spending $26M this season for what amounts to nothing useful (I like Sheary, but if you're gonna lump him in with those other names...). Hard to make the playoffs getting 0 production from almost a third of your cap (and almost 40% of your cap once you count Okposo in the useless bunch). I'm not inclined to flush away another prime season of Eichel and Reinhart, while wasting another of Dahlin's entry-level years.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If you take Callahan, Miller and one of their Top Prospects, not named Cirelli( because I doubt they move him) Raddysh comes to mind for the 2nd First, you immediately bolster your middle six and get a prospect who is much closer to the NHL. 

I like Miller a lot, but he isn't so valuable that he should necessitate taking on Callahan.

• Like (+1) 2

Miller, Callahan,  prospect for our late 1st, Girgensons, Nelson and $9 million in cap space?

Girgs replaces Callahan in their lineup, Nelson replaces Coburn, the first replaces the prospect and Miller gives them all the cap space they need.

59 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Miller, Callahan,  prospect for our late 1st, Girgensons, Nelson and $9 million in cap space?

Girgs replaces Callahan in their lineup, Nelson replaces Coburn, the first replaces the prospect and Miller gives them all the cap space they need.

What prospect do we get? If I am helping them out by taking all that money back, I better be getting a solid prospect from them because Callahan is a literal cap dump. 

That trade is Miller for a 1st, Zemgus, and Nelson without that prospect. 

11 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Or if they retain part of the salary. 

I’m not totally against it. I just do not think he’s a game changer anymore. 

He isn't a game changer. He is a literal cap dump with almost 0 left in the tank.

You are adding him in to get Tampa to sweaten their deal. "We will take Callahan but prospect C just became prospect B."

Callahan's cap hit + Risto = Tampa Bay's players. Think of his cap hit as one of our assets not Tampa's.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What prospect do we get? If I am helping them out by taking all that money back, I better be getting a solid prospect from them because Callahan is a literal cap dump. 

That trade is Miller for a 1st, Zemgus, and Nelson without that prospect. 

Would you trade the late 1st, Zemgus and Nelson for Miller? I think I would.

The question about Callahan is not about what Callahan brings to the team, it is about what they are willing to add for us to take him. 

For Sobotka, would you take Callahan and a 2nd or a 3rd?

For Nelson, how about Callahan and Joseph?

For the late First, Callahan and Miller?

It’s an interesting question. Something in Tampa has to give, but there are a dozen teams that will give them cap relief for something.

What is market value?

Edited by dudacek

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per The Athletic the Wild and Penguins have a Trade proposal with Zucker/Rask going to Pittsburgh for Kessel/Jack Johnson. 

Interesting. This whole wiggling to create cap space is fascinating to me and Botterill is in a great position to take advantage. You want Kessel for cheap? You have to take Johnson. You want Miller? Meet Ryan Callahan.

Equivalent for us would be what? Sheary/Nylander and Larsson/Sobotka? We can give them more cap space but don’t really have a Zucker.

Edited by dudacek

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per The Athletic the Wild and Penguins have a Trade proposal with Zucker/Rask going to Pittsburgh for Kessel/Jack Johnson. 

I feel like there's  been a never ending list of Minnesota bring their high profile college players back home.

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Interesting. This whole wiggling to create cap space is fascinating to me and Botterill is in a great position to take advantage. You want Kessel for cheap? You have to take Johnson. You want Miller? Meet Ryan Callahan.

Equivalent for us would be what? Sheary/Nylander and Larsson/Sobotka? We can give them more cap space but don’t really have a Zucker.

I would figure out how to get Zucker on the Sabres. 

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Would you trade the late 1st, Zemgus and Nelson for Miller? I think I would.

The question about Callahan is not about what Callahan brings to the team, it is about what they are willing to add for us to take him. 

For Sobotka, would you take Callahan and a 2nd or a 3rd?

For Nelson, how about Callahan and Joseph?

For the late First, Callahan and Miller?

It’s an interesting question. Something in Tampa has to give, but there are a dozen teams that will give them cap relief for something.

What is market value?

No. I would make that trade bigger. 

No one is trading for Sobotka. No one. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.