Assistant Coaches / coaching team

Happy Days

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Because of Carolina’s history of great goaltending...?

Cam Ward has been bad since 2012/2013 season so not sure that is a coaching issue but you do make a good point. They weren't exactly great this year in net. 

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

He’s only been with them for a year. He was most sought after when he left Pittsburgh last year.

Ah, a Botterill disciple, not responsible for Scott Darling. Matt Murray certainly developed well, if that was his handiwork.

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ah, a Botterill disciple, not responsible for Scott Darling. Matt Murray certainly developed well, if that was his handiwork.

Carolina also had respectable goaltending this year. Mrazek posted a .914 in 40 starts and McElhinney had a .912 in 33. If our goaltenders had posted those numbers we'd probably have improved our goal differential by 30 (note: I didn't actually do the math).

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Carolina also had respectable goaltending this year. Mrazek posted a .914 in 40 starts and McElhinney had a .912 in 33. If our goaltenders had posted those numbers we'd probably have improved our goal differential by 30 (note: I didn't actually do the math).

Carolina also has a much better style of play and blue line than we did/do

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I ran the numbers as if it was a save percentage of .913 for both guys and it was an 8 goal difference for Hutton and a 9 goal difference for Ullmark for a total of 17.  

Don’t know anything about this guy but if he was saught after and he drops another franchise after one season to jump ship this is a good sign.  RK is reported to still be well connected within the league despite his time away.  Seems like a dude that would make a good impression on people and maybe good quality coaches could be lured to join RK over here.

Smith ran the defence last year. Hajt did the previous year and I was never clear what his duties were last year after Smith came in. Payne ran the forwards and I believe the PP. He was also the number 2 guy - I think he may have had the associate coach title.

Ward is the guy who came to us after running the legendary Shattuck prep school program for years. I’m not sure what his technical duties were, but I always pigeonholed him in the mentoring young men role.

Looks like Ralph just needs a technician to replace Payne.

Edited by dudacek

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Smith ran the defence last year. Hajt did the previous year and I was never clear what his duties were last year after Smith came in. Payne ran the forwards and I believe the PP. He was also the number 2 guy - I think he may have had the associate coach title.

Ward is the guy who came to us after running the legendary Shattuck prep school program for years. I’m not sure what his technical duties were, but I always pigeonholed him in the mentoring young men role.

Looks like Ralph just needs a technician to replace Payne.

Vellucci! 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Because of Carolina’s history of great goaltending...?

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea, but they have had better play for years and haven't had better goaltending. 

Yes, Carolina’s goaltending was greatly improved this past season and was a big reason that they were able to break through.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.