Official Ralph Krueger named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

and #1 goaltending problem....defense problem....

I think structure is going to fix some of that. Botterill is right when he keeps talking about getting the most out of players. Last year they got the least out of some players and the defense was a prime example. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, darksabre said:

We should probably spell his name right now 

R, a, l, p, H !

That does sound like what some people here want to do.

I'm in the wait and see crowd since that's really all we can do now !

• Like (+1) 1

and I

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think structure is going to fix some of that. Botterill is right when he keeps talking about getting the most out of players. Last year they got the least out of some players and the defense was a prime example. 

and I don't want to give up on Risto quite yet. I do believe he can get back to the player he was when drafted under the right coach. The man has size and skills. I do believe it may be a confidence issue. I want both Rasmus' to flourish in our Blue & Gold!

I want to note that Botterill mentioned Dahlin, Eichel and Reinhart when talking about young players progressing. Risto was not listed. Am I reading too much into this? Yes, yes I am. 

1 minute ago, eman said:

and I

and I don't want to give up on Risto quite yet. I do believe he can get back to the player he was when drafted under the right coach. The man has size and skills. I do believe it may be a confidence issue. I want both Rasmus' to flourish in our Blue & Gold!

I don't think he has confidence issues. I think he needs sheltered minutes in the offensive zone and a stay at home defense partner to make up for his gafs. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Krueger was in Buffalo for Interviews in Late April, the verbal agreement was reached last week 

Your ability to post this before I hear Botterill say it — listening "live" — constantly amazes me.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, WildCard said:

Any idea on the contract he got? Curious to see how many years. I'm guessing 3, by his preference 

No idea. But as we all know, he can be fired at any point. And if history is any indicator he won’t fulfill the length of his contract. ?

20 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

It lets you know if the approach worked.  Yeah there’s more than one game but the guys didn’t look too motivated in that video.

No it doesn't.  That's not how this kind of process works.  Knowing if they did win the game is bad for us, because it creates the expectation that this guy has magick in his words.  Or, that no matter what he says, it will never work.

Edited by ...

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's hope so...

Can anyone comment on a "RK" type player?  Is he going to want highly skilled or physical presence?  I'm interest to see how JBotts drafts as well as plays RFA / trades.  I think RK's analytic skills discussed up thread could really benefit this organization.

In general, I don't love or hate this coaching decision.  I'm optimistic but that is my nature.  I just want to watch Sabre's hockey. 

Edited by Beer
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.