Official Ralph Krueger named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

57 minutes ago, ... said:

I'll have to watch the interview after work, but I LOVE THIS.  Love that he came here to stalk us.

We must be worthy!  He's already started by working on the fan base.  Dude is brilliant.

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Here's Krueger in an interview (entirely in German) with Claudia Lasser. I can't translate, but there are hints of Ralph's North American English accent, and Claudia is delightful company.   

That was very instructional. Thanks for posting.  

For those who don't speak German, some key quotations:

Ich weiß, wie man motiviert, auch wenn das Leben nicht nur aus Einhörnern, Regenbogen und Jujuben besteht

"I know how to motivate even when life isn't all unikorns, rainbows, and jujubes."

He also said that the situation was that his life scenario was such that  his situational verbal skills have progressed since the 5th grade scenario; clearly

he was taking a jab at JBott.   An insider told me that JBott didn't think that Krueger was American...err...Canadien despite his father's insistence, that

was until Krueger said, "Wirst du mich einstellen oder nicht, eh?"

Ich trage keine Hüte zur Eisbahn, weil ich meinen inneren Jean-Luc Picard gerne kanalisieren möchte.

Another interesting quotation: "I don't wear tuques to the rink because I like to channel my inner Jean-Luc Picard".

Ich trage keine Hüte zur Eisbahn, weil ich meinen inneren Jean-Luc Picard gerne kanalisieren möchte.

9 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

Another interesting quotation: "I don't wear tuques to the rink because I like to channel my inner Jean-Luc Picard".

Wrong franchise! All officers in the Imperial Navy are issued their olive green caps... and are expected to wear them. This man is a member of the Rebel Alliance... he must earn my respect.

15 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

That was very instructional. Thanks for posting.  

For those who don't speak German, some key quotations:

Ich weiß, wie man motiviert, auch wenn das Leben nicht nur aus Einhörnern, Regenbogen und Jujuben besteht

"I know how to motivate even when life isn't all unikorns, rainbows, and jujubes."

He also said that the situation was that his life scenario was such that  his situational verbal skills have progressed since the 5th grade scenario; clearly

he was taking a jab at JBott.   An insider told me that JBott didn't think that Krueger was American...err...Canadien despite his father's insistence, that

was until Krueger said, "Wirst du mich einstellen oder nicht, eh?"

Found my next tattoo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One thing that stands out to me is the number of NHL players and coaches who have gone on the record saying how Freddy is one the best people they have encountered in hockey and in life.  Seems to be a recurring theme around him.  

Players have spent their whole lives listening to coaches and are pretty adept at ferreting out who is saying what they think is right and who is saying what they know is right.   Freddy may or may not be a good hockey coach but he sounds like a well respected leader.  A leader Housley was not. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

"I ... will strive to maximize the potential that lies within this team."

Unfortunately for Housley, this never occurred to him.

It occurred to him.  He just had no friggin' concept of how to go from setting the goal to realization of such.  (He seemed challenged with even getting to the plan, much less implementing the plan.)

Babcock, coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs, isn’t thrilled Krueger is now coaching just across the border but is glad to have his longtime friend back in the NHL.

“He’s going to make their group better, so real good hire by them,” Babcock told The AP by phone. “He’s a good man, a real good brain, real good thinker, good communicator and he’s been a good coach.”

“He’s had great experience, and every experience whether it’s good or bad you grow from,” Babcock said. “He’s been around enough that he knows how to handle people so he won’t have any trouble that way.”

“My kids have been telling me ever since that that’s the happiest I’ve looked in the last six years,” Krueger said. “That definitely confirmed that in my heart of hearts I’m a coach.”

More in here too

https://apnews.com/440ed5a47ba84cdea85d600cd22e8a03

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It occurred to him.  He just had no friggin' concept of how to go from setting the goal to realization of such.  (He seemed challenged with even getting to the plan, much less implementing the plan.)

Again, the most basic stuff that comes out of Krueger on Day One is the stuff FHCPH struggled with- Krueger wants to put his players in positions where they will be successful.  XHCPH put them where he wanted them to slot and then expected them to match his expectations.  There was very little adjustment to put someone in a better situation..... until very late in the season.

Kru Tang Clan aint nuttin' to f' wit

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.