Johan Larsson leaving Sabres for the SHL or he is looking forward to continuing his NHL Career

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

At the right price, yeah.... assuming his hip surgeries are successful.

I just don't see him as a piece that needs to go.  If he goes I'm not torn up about it, but I don't see him as a piece that urgently needs to go away.

I agree with you, but I am also sure there will be better options available in free agency when the time comes. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yawn.... nothing to see here. Maybe some twitter twit can “hear rumors”  that Hutton wants to go play in Austria. Or or or maybe Reinhart wants a bazillion doll hairs or he wants to be traded to Vancouver and be closer to Mommy and Daddy. ?

With that gorgeous flow of his, Samson doesn't need any Barbie styling. ;-]

I for one am glad that Larsson is either playing for Buffalo, another NHL franchise, or a SHL or Eliteserien or whatever it's called this season, next season. Way to be, Larry!

On 5/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, Mustache of God said:

Good. Johan was born into the tank and the tank was all he ever knew. The Sabres weren't ever going to be good with him on the roster. I'm happy with this and look forward to more fat being trimmed (Girgensons, Bogo, Sobotka)

What jumps out at me as I watch pretty much every game of this playoff season is just how freaking deep these teams are.   They have good, contributing players on pretty much all four lines.

Johan was dead space on a dead roster and ideally, there would not be a roster spot on the 20 man team for a player of his relatively low ability. 

We need to improve the quality and depth of this team throughout the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

If he's still around along with guys like Girgensons and Sobotka, it's gonna be yet another wasted season of "let's see what the new coach can get out of them...."

It's mind-blowing these guys still have jobs in the NHL.   

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

If he's still around along with guys like Girgensons and Sobotka, it's gonna be yet another wasted season of "let's see what the new coach can get out of them...."

Larsson and Girgensons are significantly better players on much better deals than Vladimir "I'm the reason they created analytics" Sobotka. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, Huckleberry said:

I kind of like Angry larry as our 4C.

The problem is we have about half of our forward core that belong as the  4C/Ws on this team (Larsson, Girgensons, Sobotka, Wilson, Okposo, Erod).

We have a glut of mediocrity and that's why we suck.

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I tend to agree. People seem to be surprisingly ok with these guys staying on the roster, when I think we need to aim a little higher than "serviceable".

In a perfect world we'd just move all our albatross contracts to make room for additions, but that's not going to be possible. There are players that need to go, and the 5 and 6 goal scorers would be near the top of my list. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

I have no problem with guys like Larsson and Girgensons being shown the door once we have better players to give their spots to, I just don't see it as a priority. Those guys make (relative) peanuts compared to guys like Sobotka, Bogosian, Okposo, and Pominville and they are typically signed to 1-3 year deals so if some rookie call ups, waiver pick ups, or college free agents push those guys off the depth chart they can easily be put on waivers with minimal cap implications. And until that happens at least they are earning their paychecks more so than the albatross guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.