Johan Larsson leaving Sabres for the SHL or he is looking forward to continuing his NHL Career

Brawndo

No surprise to me whatsoever. I didn’t think Botterill was even going to offer him a contract.

This actually could allow us to hang on to his rights for a future move without spending cap space or using a contract slot.

Separately, I liked angry Larry when he was playing like angry Larry (the stretch with Foligno and Gionta comes to mind) and think he might be a serviceable 4th-line NHLer on the right team.

Buffalo was not that team. He was one of the first fruits of the tank, and the tank ate him up, like it has so many young Sabres. What was it Teddy Nolan said? “Some prospects become suspects and suspects become rejects?”

Smart man, Teddy.

Girgensons is next, maybe Risto as well.

At the right price, yeah.... assuming his hip surgeries are successful.

I just don't see him as a piece that needs to go.  If he goes I'm not torn up about it, but I don't see him as a piece that urgently needs to go away.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to Rumor: Johan Larsson leaving Sabres for the SHL or he is looking forward to continuing his NHL Career

Yawn.... nothing to see here. Maybe some twitter twit can “hear rumors”  that Hutton wants to go play in Austria. Or or or maybe Reinhart wants a bazillion doll hairs or he wants to be traded to Vancouver and be closer to Mommy and Daddy. ? 

Asplund at THIS point would not be better on the Sabres than Larsson BTW. In 2-3 seasons, hopefully so. “Shiny new rookie toy” doesn’t always equal, “better than established NHLers”. Aaaand sometimes, on occasion, it does. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Or maybe Larsson’s agent is aware that Johan’s NHL Future is tenuous, or knows that his client is sick of losing and might welcome a change, and is getting his name out there.

Maybe his agent ...

might welcome a change ...

yep. A few maybes

one things for sure.... all players who don’t make the playoffs and don’t win a cup are sick of losing. I mean unless all they are doing is collecting a paycheck for a game they play and couldn’t care less about winning. But I  would guess that’s a very very rare mindset.

• SDS changed the title to Johan Larsson leaving Sabres for the SHL or he is looking forward to continuing his NHL Career
1 minute ago, Eleven said:
Johan Larsson’s agent, Craig Oster, tells me there’s no truth to the report he’s signed in Brynas. “Johan is looking forward to continuing his NHL career next season.”
11:15 AM · May 14, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Look above ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.