Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GASabresIUFAN

Off-season injury report

Recommended Posts

1) Bogo - hip surgery (4/23) out 5-6 months.

2) Pilut - shoulder surgery (5/13) out 5-6 months

3) UPL - hip surgery (4/25) out 6 months

4) Montour - unknown injury (5/13). Will he be ready for the start of season?

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Montour is out long-term we could be down 3 D we expected to be in our top 6.

This offseason is not exactly going as hoped.

Stl and SJ are in the conference finals meaning our two extra 1sts are somewhere between 28-31 with us retaining the worst of the two.

We haven't found a coach after being turned down by the top candidates

We also got the nearly worst case scenario in the draft lottery dropping from 5th to 7th.

Now we are adding big injury after big injury.  If I was looking for omens or reading tea leaves, things are not exactly looking up. (so far).

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If Montour is out long-term we could be down 3 D we expected to be in our top 6.

This offseason is not exactly going as hoped.

Stl and SJ are in the conference finals meaning our two extra 1sts are somewhere between 28-31 with us retaining the worst of the two.

We haven't found a coach after being turned down by the top candidates

We also got the nearly worst case scenario in the draft lottery dropping from 5th to 7th.

Now we are adding big injury after big injury.  If I was looking for omens or reading tea leaves, things are not exactly looking up. (so far).

Well, on the injury front, let's just hope Montour is ok. We know UPL wasn't going to be in Buffalo this coming season, and even Pilut wasn't a lock to make it out of camp. 

Could just be Bogosian missing from the top 6 to start. And really, if Botterill does his job, that's our 3rd pairing RHD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thorny said:

 

Could just be Bogosian missing from the top 6 to start. And really, if Botterill does his job, that's our 3rd pairing RHD. 

Unless Risto is moved out, Bogo is already our 3rd pairing RHD behind Montour and Risto. A pricy one, albeit. But I’m not sounding the alarms yet unless Montour’s news comes back disastrously.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1) Bogo - hip surgery in April - out 5-6 months.  (Return Sept-Oct)

2) Pilut - shoulder surgery in May - out 5-6 months   (Return Oct-Nov)

3) UPL - hip surgery in April - out 6 months (Return Oct)

4) Montour - unknown injury - will he be ready for the start of season?

 

fify.

If this thread is going to hang around, we should probably post dates of injuries/surgeries and anticipated return dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

fify.

If this thread is going to hang around, we should probably post dates of injuries/surgeries and anticipated return dates.

There are no anticipated return dates when the recovery period is a nebulous 5-6 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just doing the math.   In three months we won't easily know when the "5 to 6 months" started.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm just doing the math.   In three months we won't easily know when the "5 to 6 months" started.

I added the injury/surgery dates if that helps.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo Realistically this team is years away from being competitive.  Likely a lotto team again next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Imo Realistically this team is years away from being competitive.  Likely a lotto team again next year.  

This is probably not the thread to discuss this, but there is so much to still happen this off-season that we have no idea what the opening day roster will look like at this point other then it might be missing 3 guys we had penciled in on D.  I admit that isn’t a warm and fuzzy thought, but it may spur Jbot to bolder moves.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is probably not the thread to discuss this, but there is so much to still happen this off-season that we have no idea what the opening day roster will look like at this point other then it might be missing 3 guys we had penciled in on D.  I admit that isn’t a warm and fuzzy thought, but it may spur Jbot to bolder moves.

Thinking now he doesn't move risto and picks up another rd in free agency maybe not spending too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Montour is gonna be ok. So at this point we are still looking at, at most 2 Sabres players currently unlikely for the start of season, Pilut and Bogosian. 

Not ideal, but it’s an at-most third pairing guy (Pilut) and a third pairing guy (Bogosian).

You’d think that wouldn’t affect offseason plans, hopefully no more injuries. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...