Montour Injured

WildCard

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’m not a fan of risking our players in these meaningless tournaments.  Use prospects or something.  

100% agree.  These tournaments are entertaining but if I were a player like Jack, I would decline to go.  Jack makes $10 million a year to play for the Sabres.  He is set for life, as will be his kids and grand kids.  His first loyalty is to the Sabres and the Pegulas.  If he goes to the tournament and gets another high ankle sprain (or worse) and misses a few months of the regular season, and the Sabres miss the playoffs AGAIN, what is the justification?  I'm surprised that there is not some clause in his contracts that prohibits his participating in tournaments like this.  Most contracts prohibit dangerous activities (e.g. motorcycles, skydiving), why not this?  I know I'm in the minority here, but if I owned the Sabres, it would be negligent of me not to protect my most expensive asset as best as I could. 

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tondas said:

100% agree.  These tournaments are entertaining but if I were a player like Jack, I would decline to go.  Jack makes $10 million a year to play for the Sabres.  He is set for life, as will be his kids and grand kids.  His first loyalty is to the Sabres and the Pegulas.  If he goes to the tournament and gets another high ankle sprain (or worse) and misses a few months of the regular season, and the Sabres miss the playoffs AGAIN, what is the justification?  I'm surprised that there is not some clause in his contracts that prohibits his participating in tournaments like this.  Most contracts prohibit dangerous activities (e.g. motorcycles, skydiving), why not this?  I know I'm in the minority here, but if I owned the Sabres, it would be negligent of me not to protect my most expensive asset as best as I could. 

You'll never get the NHL to stop allowing their players to play for their countries when their immediate obligations (read their team is out of the playoffs) to their NHL team is done.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

You'll never get the NHL to stop allowing their players to play for their countries when their immediate obligations (read their team is out of the playoffs) to their NHL team is done.

I put this on the player, not the NHL.  If Pegula pays me millions, I owe it to him to be able to play for the Sabres and not get injured in a summer tournament.

16 hours ago, Thorny said:

Do people still want to trade Ristolainen even though that could lead to opening the season with Jake McCabe on his off hand or Casey Nelson on the top pair? I'm sure GMJB would get like 4 middling pieces for Ristolainen including a mediocre center, some cap dumps, and a conditional first round pick that might suit up for the Sabres by the time Eichel is 30.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.