EIHL thread anyone?

steveoath

I follow it from a distance, checking in on the Nottingham Panthers from time to time.  I studied abroad at the University of Nottingham back in the day and the city still holds a place in my heart.  Still a big Forest fan, and although I have never caught a Panthers game live, I have visited the National Ice Center.  Nice place!

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm having trouble picking out a favorite team based on logos/names. If the Basingstoke Bison were still around, they'd be it.

Figured you to follow (Keith) Gretzky's old squad, but they've probably been gone for a while as well.

• 3 months later...

Yay, hockey is back. The Clan won the preseason tourney against snake Russell's new team ?. Tonight we'll be opening the challenge cup against the Dundee stars. The players seem to enjoy playing under new HC "fitzy". Can't wait to get to the arena tonight. It'll be my mates first hockey game too!

https://youtu.be/Qe_nnQ48l3Y

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

Thread bump.

Clan V Flyers today for the new years eve bash! @steveoath v @Sabre1974 ?First of 2 back to back games for one of the best rivalries in the league (even if supporters are getting tired of poor performances on the ice). 

Clan are playing like the Sabres. Rubbish PP, leaking goals (5 per game recently). However my lucky charm (jnrOath) is with me for today's game and she's never seen the Clan lose! 

I'm going for a come from behind win 5-4 clan.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, steveoath said:

Wow, didn't expect that at all. 5-1 to the Clan ?

And for the old school fans a proper fight after a dodgy hit. 

Happy new year!!

Well deserved win. Should also win return game on Saturday. Flyers not in a good place at the moment. 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, PASabreFan said:

I'm having trouble picking out a favorite team based on logos/names. If the Basingstoke Bison were still around, they'd be it.

Glasgow Clan.   I’m all in.

I am warming to “proper fights after dodgy hits”.  Rodric MacJeanneret!

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Glasgow Clan.   I’m all in.

Next game Saturday night 7.15pm away to fife flyers - my eihl team. 

Was going to go to this one but when our face off changed to 1pm it was a no contest. Sabres take priority and always will (unless my other team - Indianapolis colts) had made NFL playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Neo said:

I know nothing about this league!  Sounds like fun with real fans.  Ill look on YouTube.

Standard is ok probably on a par with the German del 2 league. Crowds are ok. Flyers usually average 1500. Clan more in 2500-3000 range although sabreoath will know better than me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.