Sheldon Keefe

Torpedo Forecheck

Sheldon Keefe and his past  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does stuff from his past, not new, but recently discovered by some, preclude you from supporting his hire as Sabres HC?

This poll is closed to new votes

There was talk amongst Hockey Night in Canada sorts the Keefe had been extended to be Coach of Marlies as highest paid at $700k. Along with the contract was a out clause that allowed him go elsewhere if opportunity he desired came up. The likely scenario I see is him either staying with Marlies or promoted to Leafs as assistant coach as both AJ Smith and I believe the mans name Hiller will be looking elsewhere. Given Leafs have Cap problems and look likely to be treading water orregressing coming season . Aobvious career path ahead for Keefe . Given relationship with Babcock and Babcocks relationshiptonewGM Holland one possibility maybe Keefe wouldfind Edmonton a interesting option . Holland a mindset of a long term Coach who would grow with team. Holland viewed amongst the very best of current GMs . Keefe could very well want a shot there. 

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I really want you to be right on this. 

If you don’t mind me asking who are the others with a different take? 

Not great with the names( there was a guy Sig Fircasi?), I listen to Sirius NHL radio talking about it. And, I've heard some of their guys speculating like everyone else that the Sabres will be on Keefe after his playoffs. They make some good arguments like he doesn't want to wait any longer. Others have also mentioned Ralph Krueger as having a relationship going back to Winnipeg with Botteril. 

My worry is we don't even attempt to go after him, he becomes a Leafs asst for a year, takes over as HC  and the Leafs get over the hump with Babcock gone. Meanwhile, the Sabres hire a retread and continue to be what they are and make no progress. Missing out on the next great NHL coach.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Not great with the names( there was a guy Sig Fircasi?), I listen to Sirius NHL radio talking about it. And, I've heard some of their guys speculating like everyone else that the Sabres will be on Keefe after his playoffs. They make some good arguments like he doesn't want to wait any longer. Others have also mentioned Ralph Krueger as having a relationship going back to Winnipeg with Botteril. 

My worry is we don't even attempt to go after him, he becomes a Leafs asst for a year, takes over as HC  and the Leafs get over the hump with Babcock gone. Meanwhile, the Sabres hire a retread and continue to be what they are and make no progress. Missing out on the next great NHL coach.

Zig (not Sig) used to be on WGR a few years back.  Always seemed a bit of a goof; surprised he ended up with the national gig on Sirius.  Unfortunately, wouldn't put too much faith into his speculation.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Zig (not Sig) used to be on WGR a few years back.  Always seemed a bit of a goof; surprised he ended up with the national gig on Sirius.  Unfortunately, wouldn't put too much faith into his speculation.

What was being said here was Keefe had been extended with a out clause at $700k . This would be announced after playoffs or not if he chose to go elsewhere. It’s something that they can’t confirm until it a reality is 

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It is all just speculation from everyone right now isn't it?

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

4 hours ago, millbank said:

Frost was charged and Keefe and Danton did testify on his behalf . 

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/2092660-david-frost-acquitted-of-sexual-exploitation-charges/

Whoa.  That is pretty horrible stuff. 

Has it been confirmed that Keefe was one of the guys who testified on Frost's behalf?  That article didn't name the players who did so.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

You did nothing wrong.  People were lamenting a lack of info on the Frost connection and you provided some.  Thanks.

Seconded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.