Last time the Sabres won a playoff series I was...

mjd1001

I'm not sure if this topic is of interest to anyone else..but this came up last weekend for me...

I'm going to be attending my niece's graduation (4 year degree).  She already has started a full time job and is living on her own out-of-state, and will be getting married soon.

It got me thinking....the last time the Sabres WON a playoff series was against the Rangers in the 2006-2007 season....during that series, I had to babysit that same niece one night while watching the game on TV....she was 9 years old and I think in 4th grade.

I don’t have one for the Sabres, but my wife and I got a dog as an eight week old puppy, a great dog that lived a long life and died of natural causes at 16 years old,... she never saw a Bills playoff game.

30 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don’t have one for the Sabres, but my wife and I got a dog as an eight week old puppy, a great dog that lived a long life and died of natural causes at 16 years old,... she never saw a Bills playoff game.

Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995. That's like 160 in dog years.

Addendum: before the 2006-7 season began, an old friend of mine said that the references to Buffalo in the new Doctor Who did indeed refer to Buffalo, NY.  I was hoping it was destiny...

I remember going to a game in Bastan that year sitting front row, because Bastan still stunk, they had just gotten Chara, but Drury and Briere were magical and they beat the Bruins 3-1 that game.  It was a Birthday gift from my wife from six months prior and we had just moved the prior year from DC to Amherst, MA to get out of the fishbowl.  Talinder was still healthy at the time and with the team.  

My son was in little league baseball and we were heading over the the Asst Coach’s house after games to watch Sabres playoff games.  He had one of those fancy shmancy big plasma TVs.

Kid has since finished HS, gone to college, graduated, gotten his first “career “ job, and moved out.  And plasma TVs are obsolete.

Seems like yesterday, re The Boy.  Seems like an eternity re: the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

2007 was when that psycho went nuts killing people at Va. Tech.

Gold was $630 an ounce.  

"The Departed" won best picture at the Oscars. 

Nancy Pelosi was elected first female Speaker of US Congress.

Indianapolis beat Chicago in the Superbowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.